mpossumato

Can't view / find original job post

I got invited to a job (via email) which I accepted... thinking it was a job I already applied to.

I went to look at the original job post - however that link does not show up. It's usually above "view offer"

Capture.PNG

Seems odd to me. What's going on here? Can someone just hire me for something without having a job post?

Plus without seeing the post how am I to see if they are verified?

Thanks!

Mike

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
holymell

This happened to me once, too -- an offer out of the blue probably from someone who had seen, and for some reason, really liked my profile.

I declined the job. I was well suited for it and it would have paid very well, but I couldn't see any information about the client, so there was no way to know if their payment method was verified or not.

I wish Upwork would handle this a bit better. They always say they are working on it, but nothing happens.

How can I know anything about the client if there's no way to view their profile?

You might be able to ask customer service and they may tell you whether or not the client is verified, though. I think I've seen that happen. Wish I'd thought of it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
holymell

This happened to me once, too -- an offer out of the blue probably from someone who had seen, and for some reason, really liked my profile.

I declined the job. I was well suited for it and it would have paid very well, but I couldn't see any information about the client, so there was no way to know if their payment method was verified or not.

I wish Upwork would handle this a bit better. They always say they are working on it, but nothing happens.

How can I know anything about the client if there's no way to view their profile?

You might be able to ask customer service and they may tell you whether or not the client is verified, though. I think I've seen that happen. Wish I'd thought of it.

Thanks for the info Melissa!

I'll shoot them a message and see what they say 🙂