🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why can’t I withdraw my proposal
Page options
geri_kol
Community Member

Can't withdraw a proposal/ withdrawal button is greyed out

Problem as stated in the headline. I'm just so sick and tired of Upwork's janky user interface throwing up bugs and glitches all the time. Hire some decent developers for heaven's sake. 

13 REPLIES 13
PradeepH

Hi Gergana,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while withdrawing proposals. I checked and I was unable to replicate the same issue. Could you please clarify if you see this on a specific proposal or you have this on all proposals? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I initially tried this on a proposal I actually want to withdraw, then on another one that I don´t want to withdraw (just to test) and in both cases the "Withdraw" button was greyed out. Please do not tell me to clear cookies or restart my computer, Pradeep - those things consistently do not resolve user issues. 

Hi Gergana,

Usually, when you're experiencing a technical issue that we can't see or replicate on our end, it is an indication that the problem may be isolated to your browser. To check this, could you please confirm if this issue also happens when you use an incognito window? If so, I'll be happy to forward this to the team so they can better assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
geri_kol
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I periodically withdraw proposals where the client has been non-responsive for a long time or is outright rude and disrespectful, and have never had this issue so far. As recently as last week I withdrew another proposal and there was no problem. I think the chances that my browser has started acting up in the last few days are pretty slim. I would appreciate some technical help, please. Thanks. 

P.S. The problem manifests on the second "Withdraw" screen, where I have to indicate the reason why I am withdrawing. The Withdraw button on that pop-screen appears greyed out. 

Thanks for elaborating on that, Gergana. Just to confirm, the issue is that the button continues to be greyed out after you've selected the reason for withdrawal, correct?

~Andrea
Upwork
geri_kol
Community Member

Yes, that is correct, Andrea. After I initiate the withdrawal (for which the first Withdrawal button works fine) and select a reason for the withdrawal - and regardless of whether I try to add comments in the text box or not - the second Withdrawal button to finalize the withdrawal is greyed out. 

Thanks for confirming, Gergana! One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
56ab87db
Community Member

I can't withdraw my proposal too. 

Hi Faiyaz,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists along with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sofia2008
Community Member

Can you ckeck that those posts were not taken down by Upwork? If you have sent a proposal and the job is taken down, you cannot withdraw your proposal.

c2ac131d
Community Member

I accidentally submitted wrong samples for a job and I want to withdraw it but when I click the button a message box pops up for me to write a reason. But the think is the withdraw button is grey and in clickable

charmainmae
Community Member

I can't withdraw a proposal. There is no withdraw button on the screen. I really need to withdraw this proposal so I can leave my agency whose owner is not responding to me for months now. I need assistance, please. I really need to leave this agency as my salary continues to go to their account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Thank you. 

Hi Charmain,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths