Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the order of Milestones be changed?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 22

@Rudolf G wrote:

I am a client and I have just reordered milestones.

It is a bit of an effort, but can be done, if the client agrees:

assume you want to have milestone 9 before milestone 8 is finished, then (that has to be done by the client)

1) copy milestone 8 to another document

2) copy milestone 9 into milestone 8 and correct the amount

3) copy back the original milestone 8 as milestone 9 and correct the amount.

thats it

make sure, that the client does not forget to set the correct ammount, because that is done in another column.

An I agree, there should be a better solution from upwork for that. I had to do it twice up to now.

regards

Rudolf Greiff

You are a very, very patient man, Rudolf G! Smiley Happy

Roger H Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
12 of 22

I agree with the earlier posters - this is very clunky and really should be improved. It sucks trying to do Agile software development when you can't reprioiritise the milestones.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
13 of 22

Changing milestones order, dollar amount and due dates for a fixed price project of any size should be a primary function within Upwork's system.

Workarounds for such basic functionality should not be necessary.

Divad L Member Since: Aug 3, 2016
14 of 22

With all of the time that the users of this board have spent copying and pasting and fighting with spreadsheets to re-order milestones, Upwork could have already added a drag and drop or at least a select box reordering feature. This is busy work that I do not need or want. 

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
15 of 22

I am sorry, but you have busy work and "improved technology" confused.   That's why you don't recognize how awesome the sophisticated milestone system is...the advanced technology has blinded you (grin)

Cory P Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
16 of 22

Reordering of milestones still happens, we just have to go through this terrible process of deleting and adding back in a different order. This process is horrible and needs to be readdressed.

If your concern is the client changing milestones out from under the contractor, then allow the contractor the ability to approve milestone changes. But this really needs to be addressed. Such a terrible experience!

Dave B Member Since: Feb 28, 2019
17 of 22

Perhaps this hasn't been fixed yet is because Upwork itself has horrible engineers. I mean just look at this thread and consider the fact that the member since date is the same as the reply date. If they can

't even get that simple logic executed correctly what are the chances they can get milestones to work correctly.

Fyi, I was migrated from Elance during the acquisition and was on Elance 10yrs prior to that so member since date is really wonky.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 22

Dave B wrote:

Perhaps this hasn't been fixed yet is because Upwork itself has horrible engineers. I mean just look at this thread and consider the fact that the member since date is the same as the reply date.

The "member since" date is the date you joined the forum, not the date your joined the platform.

The forum is not built by Upwork engineers, but by Lithium.

No Upwork engineers have anything to do with the coding of the Forum software. (Which may or may not be related to the fact that the forum is generally always up and rarely has any bugs)

Adam G Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
19 of 22

I really want this feature as well. I'm working with an artist who I'm paying for batches of illustrations. They are not necessarily produced and the delivered in a specific order, and I currently have no way to pay her for individual deliveries (other than abusing the bonus system). Well, except if I were to move away from this platform... Smiley Wink

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 22

Hi All,

I know it's been a while but we are rolling out a new feature that will allow clients to reorder upcoming milestones. Check out this announcement for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS