cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get on the same page about profiles going private?

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
11 of 43

@Lena E wrote:

Thanks Tiffany, I think this is a great way to share feedback. For users who asked on question number 4, yes, everyone does have access to contact customer support if their profile is set to private for not earning. 

Lena, is it only Live CS that is not always available due to traffic volume?  And either way, self-activation is much faster within a limited time frame than waiting on CS to answer a ticket, hands down.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
12 of 43

1 - Yes 

2 - No

3 - 90 days minimum

4 - No

5 - The freelancer needs to be able to do that themselves without involvement by the Helpdesk

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
13 of 43

1 - Is setting profiles to private after a certain number of days without earnings reasonable? (Yes or No)

Yep

2 - If you agree that it is reasonable to set profiles to private at some point, is 30 days a reasonable time period? (Yes or No)

No.

3 - If you don't think 30 days is reasonable, what would be a more reasonable time period? 

45 or 60 days 

4 - Is the current system of re-activating profiles adequate? (Yes or No)

(Tentative because I haven't gone through the process but) Yes, if the FL is provided with a clearly marked working link to CS 

5 - If you do not think the current system of re-activating profiles is adequate, what don't you like about it and how could it be improved?

I think it's confusing to some people because of the different levels of access to support channels. Again, I haven't gone through the process personally so this might already be the case, but from reading other people's CS hunt adventures, I think at least for this everyone should have direct link to support - not tickets, direct live chat link to reactivate. 

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
14 of 43

@Bojana D wrote:

1 - Is setting profiles to private after a certain number of days without earnings reasonable? (Yes or No)

Yep

2 - If you agree that it is reasonable to set profiles to private at some point, is 30 days a reasonable time period? (Yes or No)

No.

3 - If you don't think 30 days is reasonable, what would be a more reasonable time period? 

Yes

5 - If you do not think the current system of re-activating profiles is adequate, what don't you like about it and how could it be improved?

N/A

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Ace Contributor
Federico R Member Since: May 5, 2017
15 of 43

1) Yes

2) No

3) 30 works for me, but I would like to try with 60, as I think it's best for the community.

4) Yes

5) - 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
16 of 43

1) Yes

2) No

3) 45 days at least, 60 would not be unreasonable

4) No

5) Enable self-activation up to 30 days after de-activation; after that, require CS involvement

Thanks, Tiffany!

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
17 of 43

@Phyllis G wrote:

1) Yes

2) No

3) 45 days at least, 60 would not be unreasonable

4) No

5) Enable self-activation up to 30 days after de-activation; after that, require CS involvement

Thanks, Tiffany!

What she said.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
18 of 43

@Tiffany: Brilliant!. 1k kudos!

Yes

No

60-90 days would suite way more people and earn more money for Upwork in the long run. Duh.

No

All users should be able to make their profile public right within their own profile, with having to contact CS, or post in the forums, etc.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
19 of 43

@Tiffany S wrote:

1 - Is setting profiles to private after a certain number of days without earnings reasonable? YES

2 - If you agree that it is reasonable to set profiles to private at some point, is 30 days a reasonable time period? NO

3 - If you don't think 30 days is reasonable, what would be a more reasonable time period? 60 DAYS

4 - Is the current system of re-activating profiles adequate? NO

5 - If you do not think the current system of re-activating profiles is adequate, what don't you like about it and how could it be improved? Agree with Kathryn and others - it should be a button within 30 days of de-activation, and require contact with CS after that point.

Thanks for doing this, Tiffany! We should do the same with the maps feature. UGH.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
20 of 43

A very good idea Tiffany!!

Yes

No

At least 60. 

And I think some other measures should be taken into account to make a profile "private". Among them, if there is an open contract in which there is movement (messages, sending work, etc ...). There are times when getting to finish and collecting a job can take more than 30 days. I think this is a kind of undeserved penalty, sometimes...

I don't know how it works but, from what I have read, it doesn't seem like the best way.

Well, now I can answer, today I received the email announcing that my profile has been changed to private.
- First, the popup that appears, should have a list with the options, not that they appear only highlighted in green within a sentence.
- Second, when you choose to send a request to CS, a specific "request" should appear for this matter. Not having to look for any option.
- Third. I have received an automatic reply (instant) that says that my profile will be public, in 72 hours!!
Why 72 hours? Once you have sent the message, it should be automatic, as is the reply.
72 hours, for what? To review the profile? To determine if, really, it should be changed to "public"?

And so, month after month if, for any reason, you have not got a job or the date of a payment has not coincided?

Buffffff!!

I don't know.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS