🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can we have detailed information on hourly di...
Page options
kiranda777
Community Member

Can we have detailed information on hourly direct contract?

Hi there,

I was on Direct Hourly Contract on Upwork since May 29 uptill today. Everything was going fine and Client had deposited amount for 1 week only but contract end date was unspecified. I did my job correctly in the timely manner and has completed all work assigned for last week May 29 till June 4 (Last Week). As Upwork policy my payment was about to release tomorrow Friday (9th June) for Last Week hours. But suddenly out of nowhere my client changed the contract to Completed today. I have been working continuously from May 29 to today June 8th. Now when I go to direct contract tab and see the Contract it shows Completed. 

Now will I get my payment tomorrow for last week work? Or is it gone in vain? I only want payment for last week Which was comlete and was in processing payment. This week since Monday 5th of June work till today 8th of june is I think gone and I will not get payments it's okay. But I have completed all assigned task on last week will I get the payment for that tomorrow or is it also gone? I have created ticket but no reply uptill now and I am scared more then 60 hours of my last week was spent for the contract and if I don't get paid I think I will be in COMA . Can anyone let me know what will happen to my payment? I have attached the screenshot.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Kiran K wrote:

Hi there,

Now will I get my payment tomorrow for last week work? Or is it gone in vain? I only want payment for last week Which was comlete and was in processing payment. This week since Monday 5th of June work till today 8th of june is I think gone and I will not get payments it's okay. But I have completed all assigned task on last week will I get the payment for that tomorrow or is it also gone? I have created ticket but no reply uptill now and I am scared more then 60 hours of my last week was spent for the contract and if I don't get paid I think I will be in COMA . Can anyone let me know what will happen to my payment? I have attached the screenshot.

Was the money for all of the hours that you worked deposited into escrow? You can only get paid for those hours. If the first week's payment is being processed and due for release tomorrow, you should be fine unless the client does a chargeback. Upwork doesn't offer payment protection on hourly direct contracts. 

There's more information here: Direct Contracts Disputes – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Kiran K wrote:

Hi there,

Was the money for all of the hours that you worked deposited into escrow? You can only get paid for those hours. If the first week's payment is being processed and due for release tomorrow, you should be fine unless the client does a chargeback. Upwork doesn't offer payment protection on hourly direct contracts. 

There's more information here: Direct Contracts Disputes – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Yes the money for previous week was deposited. How do I know if the client has done chargeback?

Got my money. Thank You.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members