🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can we make list here of all Freelancer t...
Page options
risdelle
Community Member

Can we make list here of all Freelancer that we found fraud.

While waiting for the Upwork to do about this, which I believe will took a longer time. Can we list freelancers here that we truly found 100% fake on their credentials and background profile. This will help us not to be victim of their fraud profile. I think Upwork will do about this but it will take so long. I knew some freelancer who are top rated but are fake because they are forcing the clients to give positive feedback.
9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Risdon, 

Please know that "...including names of persons or companies (or other identifying information) in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence or other wrongdoing," is  a violation of the Upwork Community Guidelines and I highly recommend against it. 

If you have freelancer profiles to report, you can flag these profiles, or file a ticket directly with the Customer Support Team and they will look into your report and take the necessary actions based on their review. 

Let me know if you have questions!

~ Avery
Upwork
risdelle
Community Member

I already reported the freelancer 1 month ago, but sadly he is still victimizing some clients. This how he is doing it. I already sent proofs to Upwork but I don't know why nothing happens.

1) He allows and offering outside Upwork after they negotiate in Upwork platform.. So that if incompetencies shows it will not affect his top rated badge.

2) Because they are outside Upwork, when there are problems on his jobs, Upwork will not notice that he is ruining client's accounting books. He will threat/blackmail these clients as a weapon to give him positive feedback, if not he will tell to Upwork that the client is offering outside upwork. So most of these clients has no choice but to give him positive feedback. He will just maintained one or two easy bookkeeping clients in Upwork so that his Top Rated badge will maintain in Upwork to lure new clients outside Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

Risdon, while I don’t approve of what the freelancer is doing, if a client agrees to pay a freelancer outside Upwork, then the client is breaking Upwork rules and shouldn’t expect Upwork to assist them, especially if they won’t even admit to paying the freelancer outside Upwork.

Risdon Edward II Y wrote:
2) Because they are outside Upwork, when there are problems on his jobs, Upwork will not notice that he is ruining client's accounting books. He will threat/blackmail these clients as a weapon to give him positive feedback, if not he will tell to Upwork that the client is offering outside upwork. So most of these clients has no choice but to give him positive feedback. He will just maintained one or two easy bookkeeping clients in Upwork so that his Top Rated badge will maintain in Upwork to lure new clients outside Upwork

I don't understand what you're saying - if the job is outside of Upwork, how can he threaten to leave you bad feedback? You can't get bad feedback on a job that isn't through Upwork. And even if he does threaten or blackmail you, why don't you call his bluff? if Upwork finds out that he was working outside of the platform, he stands to lose a lot more than you do. Go ahead and give him bad feedback, if you're able to.

The freelancer in question is one of the OP's direct competitors.

1541730252599-2f341b87e0a0264747dd94a776d85bee

Petra R wrote:

The freelancer in question is one of the OP's direct competitors.

1541730252599-2f341b87e0a0264747dd94a776d85bee

Yes, I viewed his profile after I posted that, but wasn't going to say anything. 🙂

risdelle
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Yes he was one of my agency member. I help him build up his Upwork He works with me but I found out all his doings. I even found out that his education background is fake. He even not step on College and studied Accounting but claiming on it. His Upwork bookkeeping test was taken by one of my member. I already sent proofs to Upwork Community. I even ask Upwork to make him retake the simple Upwork bookkeeping test then Upwork will see it.

I am not salty, of course what I can only see and found out is on my line of service. Actually see my profile I am 6 years top rated and my connects are still intact. I don't even need to apply because of lots of load.

I am more on the truth, this Upwork is very good platform. I am very thankful for this website. I just don't want to destroy it by fake freelancers because clients lose faith in Upwork

@Petra Please see my subject "make a list of freelancers" meaning not only on accounting but also on IT, admin and other services. My purpose on this post is to help clients to warn them or make double background check during interviews.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Risdon, 

I would like to confirm that actions have been taken against the freelancer's account. If you have new evidence of the same violation, you can send it to the team as a follow up to your old ticket so that the team can review this new evidence against the Terms of Service, and take actions if necessary. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Christine,

There is an initial Upwork contract, then after few hours of work. They will pause it after few weeks or make it inactive. Then continue the work outside upwork.

Many times on one week you can't assess the competency of the freelancer. Usually the initial weeks are mostly basic or starting tasks. After a months, clients will discover that his expertise is only the basics.

I just can't post the profile of this freelancer, but you will see that most of ended contract are few hours completed only. Which is abnormal on bookkeeping service, bookkeeping is a continuous and long term job.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths