🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can we request client for review ?
Page options
moizsheikhabdul
Community Member

Can we request client for review ?

Hello , 

Can we ask the client to give us 5 star review on upwork. I hope it's not against the upwork guidelines. Can someone please confirm? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Abdul,

On Upwork, neither party is necessarily required to leave feedback. Lack of feedback does not impact your Job Success Score, either. While we know it’s ideal for all your clients to leave feedback, neither you nor we can require them to do so. Your best bet is to politely ask for honest feedback. Avoid phrases like “I am expecting good feedback” or “I need feedback from you.” Focus on being positive and professional.

Remember, never pressure clients to leave good feedback. Expect a client to leave honest feedback about their entire experience working together, not just about the final product. Clients can change public feedback, but badgering them into doing so usually doesn’t have a positive impact. Asking over and over again can be considered unprofessional and can frustrate clients. Feel free to check this help article for more details about Approaching Clients about Feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Abdul,

On Upwork, neither party is necessarily required to leave feedback. Lack of feedback does not impact your Job Success Score, either. While we know it’s ideal for all your clients to leave feedback, neither you nor we can require them to do so. Your best bet is to politely ask for honest feedback. Avoid phrases like “I am expecting good feedback” or “I need feedback from you.” Focus on being positive and professional.

Remember, never pressure clients to leave good feedback. Expect a client to leave honest feedback about their entire experience working together, not just about the final product. Clients can change public feedback, but badgering them into doing so usually doesn’t have a positive impact. Asking over and over again can be considered unprofessional and can frustrate clients. Feel free to check this help article for more details about Approaching Clients about Feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members