🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can we run Facebook Ads to get clients for ou...
Page options
xdzain461
Community Member

Can we run Facebook Ads to get clients for our Upwork Agency?

Hi Upwork community, After a successful year on Upwork as a freelancer, I have decided to scale my career and start an Agency on upwork. I have created an agency offering E-Commerce related services. I have applied on many jobs through agency but I am not getting responses as I used to get on my Freelancer profile. Now, my question is Can I run Facebook ads to get potential clients on my Upwork Agency who might be interested in our services?

Is there any Upwork "Term of Services" of agency that disallow running ads to get trafic/clients on Upwork Agency?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Zain M wrote:  I have created an agency offering E-Commerce related services. I have applied on many jobs through agency but I am not getting responses as I used to get on my Freelancer profile.

As a rule, clients much prefer individual freelancers over agency freelancers, so I am not surprised.

Zain M wrote:

Can I run Facebook ads to get potential clients on my Upwork Agency who might be interested in our services?

Is there any Upwork "Term of Services" of agency that disallow running ads to get trafic/clients on Upwork Agency?

No, there is no such rule.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Zain M wrote:  I have created an agency offering E-Commerce related services. I have applied on many jobs through agency but I am not getting responses as I used to get on my Freelancer profile.

As a rule, clients much prefer individual freelancers over agency freelancers, so I am not surprised.

Zain M wrote:

Can I run Facebook ads to get potential clients on my Upwork Agency who might be interested in our services?

No, there is no such rule.

>As a rule, clients much prefer individual freelancers over agency freelancers, so I am not surprised.

This is more of a "popular belief" than a hard fact. Of the people who i spoke to, those who used to be individual freelancers and then started out as agencies, tell that it was difficult, but those who were agencies from the beginning, do not.

My pet theory to explain this is that individual freelancers and agencies usually fit different projects and different customers, and it is hard to switch your already formed "gut feeling of what makes a good project to apply for".

Alexander N wrote:

>As a rule, clients much prefer individual freelancers over agency freelancers, so I am not surprised.

This is more of a "popular belief" than a hard fact.".

It actually isn't.

Alexander N wrote:

My pet theory to explain this is that individual freelancers and agencies usually fit different projects and different customers, and it is hard to switch your already formed "gut feeling of what makes a good project to apply for".

Haha, that's because the latter have nothing to compare it to, whilst the former do. In that respect, they know better.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members