cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Same Credit Card for Payment in Different Accounts

Fawad B Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
1 of 6

I wanted to upgrade my Upwork membership to Freelancer Plus, I have my own billing method for withdraws but my prepaid debit card didn't work on Upwork for payment. So I used my friend's credit card for payment.

Now my question is, can she(friend) use her credit card on her own account for payment or not? Does Upwork allow payment from the same card on two different accounts?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 6

Hi Fawad, 

You will need to add a billing method that matches your Upwork name so as not com across any issue when your billing method is billed. You may read up on this help article to know what billing methods you can use to pay for your membership. 

-Avery
Untitled
Fawad B Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
3 of 6

Thanks Avery,

I have removed her billing information from my profile. I think there will be no issue if she uses her credit card (that I used in my account before) on her own account. Right?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 6

Hi Fawad,

Yes that is correct, thank you.

Untitled
Muhammad W Member Since: Oct 3, 2019
5 of 6

Hello there, I want to ask that can i use my friends payoneer card as billing method on my client account and Freelancer account?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 6

Hi Muhammad,

Regarding your Client account billing method, please note that we do not accept virtual, prepaid, or gift cards. To learn more about adding a credit card to your account, click here.

For your Freelancer account billing method, please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS