🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can you have a milestone with two differe...
Page options
seejanewrite
Community Member

Can you have a milestone with two different amounts?

Hi,

My client and I are closing my current hourly rate contract and starting a new one based on a fixed price.  However, the articles I write have two different prices, depending on length. If the client puts a single milestone based on 2 long articles or 3 short articles and I end up not doing that full amount, isnt it still going to make him approve the whole amount?  That is why I am thinking he could make more than one amount, and I would pick whichever one applies.  Does a client have that option?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

No, the client escrows a specific amount for the milestone. But, he/she is not forced to actually pay that much. If the client escrows the amount for a long article and that piece ends up to be a shorter one, you can adjust the amount requested when submitting the work and the client can release a lesser amount. What's left will stay in escrow to be applied to the next milestone, or can be refunded if you've reached the end of your project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlsanders
Community Member

No, the client escrows a specific amount for the milestone. But, he/she is not forced to actually pay that much. If the client escrows the amount for a long article and that piece ends up to be a shorter one, you can adjust the amount requested when submitting the work and the client can release a lesser amount. What's left will stay in escrow to be applied to the next milestone, or can be refunded if you've reached the end of your project.

seejanewrite
Community Member

Awesome--thanks so much!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths