🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can you hire someone as a freelancer without ...
Page options
hdunsky
Community Member

Can you hire someone as a freelancer without creating a client profile?

Hello! Thanks in advance for everyone's help 🙂 I have worked on Upwork for a long time, and now that I am finally ready to get serious about creating a website where I can showcase some of my work, I would love to pay it forward and hire someone on Upwork to help me create and polish my existing Wordpress site!

Is there any way to post a job and hire someone from my freelancer profile? Or do I have to create a separate client profile before posting a job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hallee,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account. You’ll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You’ll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a Client account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hallee,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account. You’ll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You’ll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a Client account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hdunsky
Community Member

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Bojan! It was really helpful to get a quick answer from you than to spend way too much time trying to search for the answer myself 😄

f5a217a2
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Just wanna confirm if we dont have any company so what should we type in company name while creating client account If i alredy have freelancer account?

Hi Gul E,

Thank you for your message. You can also add your name under the company name if you do not have any company.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
be0f48c2
Community Member

I put my company I work for and it has my account on hold because they want all this tax income statments and stuff not needed. I then changed it to the word individual and still on hold. The lack of phone number for this is really not good I cannot call customer svc. and the person I want to hire is sitting on standby all this time. I am in limbo here. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths