🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can you tell me where the one-click unsubscri...
Page options
omnigut
Community Member

Can you tell me where the one-click unsubscribe button is on my profile?

I would like to unsubscribe from all emails. Where's the one-click unsubscribe button?

To be GDPR compliant, you must make unsubscribing easy. There are 31 check-marks I need to unclick to unsubscribe.

If that's the only way to unsubscribe, can someone tell me why this isn't a lawsuit or a fine waiting to happen?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
tlbp
Community Member

Let us know how the lawsuit goes.

omnigut
Community Member

I mean, sure, I’M not going to sue them. But I thought companies were taking GDPR seriously.
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Could you please check if there's an "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email you're looking at? It should be in the same line as "Privacy Policy" and "Contact Support" links.

Let us know if you don't see the link and, in that case, send me a screenshot of the email in a private message (select my name > Message).

~ Vladimir
Upwork

There is an unsubscribe link, which takes me to "notifications settings":

https://www.upwork.com/ab/notification-settings/

There, under "Other Upwork Email Updates", there are 31 boxes to click to unsubscribe from specific emails. So, to unsubscribe completely, I need to un-check 31 boxes.

I believe this is 30 boxes more than GDPR implies should be the maximum to one-click-unsubscribe.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I will share your suggestion for the one-click-unsubscribe with the rest of our team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members