cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you turn off the warning when clicking a link that direct you to another website?

arthurbla
Arthur B Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
1 of 5

I know it's a very small thing but it's infuriating to have to acknowledge the "danger" of leaving upwork everytime you follow a client link to references (plus 99% of the time it's either vimeo, imgur, pinterest, or youtube).

Thanks Smiley Happy

Arthur

timsmith99
Community Leader
Timothy S Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
2 of 5

Arthur,

With the amount of people who are scammed on Upwork on a regular basis, I don't see this reminder going away anytime soon. It serves as a reminder to think twice before browsing to an external link, and I find it helpful.

If desired, you can copy and paste the URL from the Upwork messaging app and paste it into your browser. You should do this at your own risk. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tim

arthurbla
Arthur B Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
3 of 5
Hi Tim,

Yes I agree it makes sense, I just felt like it would be nice to acknowledge this on a permanent basis by turning an option off under the settings. I've looking through dozens of contracts today and usually you get several links per offer, and each one of them open in a new window and has to be clicked again. Again, it's not a huge deal, but I feel like the system could be improved without Upwork taking any risk regarding their responsability if someone do get scammed.
timsmith99
Community Leader
Timothy S Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
4 of 5

I like the way you're thinking, Arthur. Good suggestion!

Tim

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your suggestion. The team has considered and tested an option to skip the warning for 30 days, however, for security reasons weren't able to proceed with it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS