🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancel Client's Refund Request.
Page options
jitesh75
Community Member

Cancel Client's Refund Request.

Hello,

I have completed my fixed price job on 22 feb,2019. Client ended contract and give an excellent feedback with 5 star. But today (After 2 month) client requested for partial refund saying that i am not happy with work. I did this work with my full effort and she was staisfied with the work as feedback indicate.

What should i do.

whether It will affect my profile. I do not want to return my hard earned money.

Thanks in anticipation. 

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Jitesh D wrote:

Hello,

I have completed my fixed price job on 22 feb,2019. Client ended contract and give an excellent feedback with 5 star. But today (After 2 month) client requested for partial refund saying that i am not happy with work. I did this work with my full effort and she was staisfied with the work as feedback indicate.

What should i do.

whether It will affect my profile. I do not want to return my hard earned money.

Thanks in anticipation. 

Write a brief, firm and polite message to the client that the work was done as per the contract and approved by the client on the (date), so you are not obliged or willing to offer any refund.

Then ignore the request, the client can not dispute beyond 30 days, all you have to do is respond. Make sure you keep it brief, firm and polite, do not get emotional.

It will not affect your profile either, no.

jitesh75
Community Member

Thanks Petra R for the prompt and effective response.

Hello Petra

I have a similar kind of question but the situation is a little different.

The client asked for a refund without telling any reason. Generally, I don't have any issue refunding the amount but I need to know where the problem is. The second thing my client did, he blocked me. so how i contact him:) we never have any kind of problem the commuication was soomth and easy beforing he blocked me. 

Best

Sana

Sana, if a client sent me a note asking for a refund, and then immediately blocked me...

...It means that there client does not want to talk to me, does not actually have a reason for requesting a refund, and does not actually want a refund.

If this "request" was simply a message, and not a formal dispute or similar official Upwork action, then ignore it.

it is a dispute, i got a notification regarding a Escrow Refund request and i got 6 more days to responde

Sana Y wrote:

it is a dispute, i got a notification regarding a Escrow Refund request and i got 6 more days to responde

It is not a dispute yet.

Your next step is to reject the refund request, which will initiate a dispute.

That's assuming you have done the work to the required standard.

Hi Sana, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and our team will be happy to assist you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I need your help petra,

so I have been working for this client for almost an year, last milestone he released was 160 days ago, and I have been working for the client for last 160 days free, he never escrowed any amount, the work is totaly based on third party api which client changes after every few days so when one third party api free trial expires he give me new one, 160 days he is been doing it and because I want my client to satisfy I was working continously for him hoping that if he will be satisfied he will escrow and release the new milestone but now after 160 days he threaten me for full refund on the work, while the job is still open. this project has many milestone few of which were released more then 180 days ago.

it seems like client has some issue with govt to release his app in his country and now he want to take whatever he paid me year ago on this contract,

I have realised that he is not going to release next milestone and making me to work for him for free.

My question is what should I do,

should I end the contract as there is nothing in the escrow for last 160 days, also the last milestone is still in 180 days range but should I end the contract.

can he force me to refund after 160 days of last milestone release and no milestone update meanwhile

at this point I dont care about jss or anything but I dont want to refund the amount paid, although I am going to loose the next milestone but he never escrowed it so I believe his intention are not to pay me.

1. can he force me to refund after 160 days of last milestone release
2. can he force me to dispute after 160 days
3. can i end project from my end
4. if he ask refund and I cancel it will it go to dispute or I can cancel it without dispute
5. i have proof of my work and code everything it is a fixed price contract 

6. what action should i take end the contract right now or still keep on working for free till he decide to pay me or end the contract himself

Hi Shobhit,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Jitesh D,

Sorry for this inconvenience you faced from the client's side. Your client is asking for a partial refund in spite of the fact that he awarded you with 5-star feedback. It's obvious from your statement that you are not at fault.

If he has requested for a partial refund, respond him in a polite manner and brief him the whole scenario as to how the whole process was done with mutual understanding and with utter satisfaction. 

And then don't accept the offer for refund.

Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Naheedmir 

https://www.coupongot.com/
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths