Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel a Refund

jeupereira
Ace Contributor
João P Member Since: May 23, 2017
1 of 7

Hi guys,

Really need your help! Yesterday, late at night I somehow pushed the refund button on one of my closed jobs.
I immediately went to the previous page and that was the end of it.

Today I got a message from Upwork that I had issued a full refund to the client. I've already contact him and I'm sure It'll be ok and he might be able to refuse the refund.

Nonetheless, is there any way I can cancel it myself? Can't seem to find any option on my dashboard.

A bit of a panic here!
Thanks,

jeupereira
Ace Contributor
2 of 7

Currently talking to the client. How can he cancel the refund? Or should he wait for the funds to transfer back to him and issue a new payment?

thanks,

tgstudio
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
3 of 7

I don't think he can cancel the refund. More than likely he'll have to wait until the funds transfer back before he can issue you a new payment. If the contract is already closed he can send it as a bonus payment.

jeupereira
Ace Contributor
4 of 7

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the answer. I find it odd that the client doens't have the option to accept or decline the refund.

I'll inform the client!

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Joao,

As stated by other freelancers, the client can issue a payment via bonus.  Unfortunately, after the refund is issued on your end you can't cancel, your client can contact support to decline the refund, but there isn't a button to decline a refund. 

Untitled
jeupereira
Ace Contributor
6 of 7

Hi Lena,

How can the client contact  Upwork Support? I don't have anything on my dashboard to guide him nor do I know how a dashboard of a client differs from a frelancers.

Unless is more convenient for the client to opt for the Bonus solution.

thanks,

jeupereira
Ace Contributor
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

Sorry for double post. Just got an email from Upwork stating that the client can issue a bonus payment to revert the refund!!!

Lesson learned and never operate Upwork when extremely tired!

thank you all for the help!!! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS