🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancel a milestone
Page options
konnecticenergy
Community Member

Cancel a milestone

I requested the full amount in the first milestone and it was funded. Now the second milestone is not needed. How can I cancel the milestone?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiara,

You may look into asking your client to cancel the milestone and close the contract that doesn't need any work done on it anymore. We recommend the freelancer to let the client close the contract because in this case the client will be prompted to provide feedback for sure. For JSS it doesn't matter who closes the contract but there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration. You can find more information about them here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Got it. Thank you!

Klara:
Bojan provided great information. I recommend that you do as he suggests: ask the client to close the contract.

She probably already knows this, but just in case:
When she is asked to close the contract, she will be provided with a box that lets you edit the amount of money to be released.

She can edit that field to be ZERO. If he does that, it will send YOU a request to agree to the refund. You can click on a button to agree and then ALL the money remaining in escrow will AUTOMATICALLY be refunded back to the client.

BUT: If she does absolutely nothing, YOU (as the freelancer) CAN close the contract yourself and cause the money to be sent back to the client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths