🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancel contract
Page options
pycoderit
Community Member

Cancel contract

Hello I am a freelancer. I submitted a proposal and the client accepted it. But now I realised that I won't be able to do the work as the client specified. So I would like to cancel or end the contract. This was a fixed price contract and the money of client is in escrow. I don't want any payment from the client as I haven't done the work . What should I do in order to end this?
Will my client be charged any fees in this case?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tommy P wrote:
 What should I do in order to end this?

Just end the contract, that will send the money back to the client automatically.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Tommy P wrote:
 What should I do in order to end this?

Just end the contract, that will send the money back to the client automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply . Will he be charged any fees ?

Tommy P wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply . Will he be charged any fees ?

What kind fees do you mean? The payment processing fee has already been charged, there are no further fees, the amount of Dollars in Escrow will be returned in full. 

klym37
Community Member

Hello, I am a freelancer, too. I submitted a proposal and the client accepted it and opened a contract. But now I realized that client doesn't want my solution. He already has another developer and accepted his solution, not mine. Finally, the client paused the contract. I just got the correct way to go that he wanted but he doesn't need more assistance from my end, as well as I, can't help him due to an urgent timeline. So I would like to cancel or end the contract. This was an hourly based contract and I never logged any work hours as I wasn't sure about the result. I don't want any payment from the client as I haven't done the work. Can I cancel it on my end?

re: "Can I cancel it on my end?"

Yes.

Go here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

Click on the name of the contract.

That takes to a contract-specific page.

Click on the "three dots" icon to the right of the "Terms & Settings" menu item.

Choose "End Contract"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members