🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancel my name request
Page options
deep_raman86
Community Member

Cancel my name request

Hi, can someone help me with cancellation of my name request? I accidently updated it 

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raman, 

Your recent name change request was already approved, and your profile name was updated. If you would like to change it back to the previous profile name, please go to Settings> Contact Info and update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan.
Please I am having issues changing my name, noted via the community that it is paramount to have your real name on your account, I used my business name instead and on when requesting for a name change, got a restriction.
Please kindly advise on the best way to go about this.
Thanks.

Hi Seth,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. 

Please consider following up on the verification request you recently received and kindly communicate with our team through the original ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello.
Thanks for your swift response. But please you haven't answered my question.
I mean it isn't my real name that's on my profile and I would like to
change it to my actual name.
But instead only have the option to submit my id, so asking if there's a
way to get a video call and address the issue as I can't change my name via
the edit name section in the settings

Hi Seth,

Unfortunately, due to the hold placed on your account, you won't be able to change your profile name before completing the verification process. Please follow up with our team on the previously shared support ticket and one of our agents will assist you with completing your verification process. Once you complete this process, our agent will gladly advise you further regarding updating your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths