🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Canceling a contract and Private Feedback?
Page options
cc974679
Community Member

Canceling a contract and Private Feedback?

Hello all!

I'm having some differences with my client. We have/had a Fixed-price trial job of a technical document (specifically, biochemistry) for En-Sp translation, but they didn't like the translation because they say I used a translator because there're sentences that look the same.

The truth is I don't see what I can do there; I don't have the whole paragraphs, just isolated-bullet sentences to which I gave syntaxis, fixed the tenses, and give punctuation to the Spanish translation, but some original sentences are so small and without a bigger context, that it was obvious they were going to match an automatic translation.

So, the client has all the right to dislike the job and they want to cancel the contract. I know I did the job well and I'm ok with canceling the contract because after that I also don't want to work with them because they don't see what I see as a bilingual translator. 

The thing is, I know that if I cancel I can refund them (I don't want to fight for $17). But I also know it's going to affect my JSS and that they can leave private feedback. I just want to know if I'm going to be able to let private feedback too? I don't want this to affect my other proposal or jobs.

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can not cancel private feedback unless you are a Top Rated freelancer and you use your occasionally-available perk to remove all feedback from contract.

Simply refunding all money associated with a contract does not eliminate the effects of private feedback.

Hi Preston. 

I know I can't do that. I'd like to know if I'll be able to give private feedback for them, as well? 

petra_r
Community Member

Paulina A wrote:

I know I can't do that. I'd like to know if I'll be able to give private feedback for them, as well? 

You can give the reason why the contract ended.

vivianuang
Community Member

I am wondering how did it turn out? I recently had a similar issue. 

I am a graphic designer, prior to agreeing on the contract, the client said he like my style and wanted something of the sort. But when I delivered the design, the company had a complete change of design direction. I could re-do the project but he is not willing to pay more. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members