🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cancellation of Contract, by the Client.
Page options
crish750
Community Member

Cancellation of Contract, by the Client.

I am a freelancer. I entered into a Fixed price contract with a client on 26thFeb. 2021. I have worked on his project and sent some work for his suggestions and amendments. We had continuous communication throughout. Yesterday he made ad additional work and agreed to pay me more, for that. Today he requested me to complete the job by 12.00 p. m. tomorrow ( 02nd March 2021 ), to which I agreed. All the time, I was very closely attending to his job. Today, after a few hours he sent me a message saying that he Cancelled the project because he got the job done by someone else. His deadline is 12.00 p. m. tomorrow. So how can he cancel the contract, before the Deadline? Now I am in a very desperate situation. Can someone advise me on this please? The whole communication is attached herewith for your perusal

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Crishantha A wrote:

I am a freelancer. I entered into a Fixed price contract with a client on 26thFeb. 2021. I have worked on his project and sent some work for his suggestions and amendments. We had continuous communication throughout. Yesterday he made ad additional work and agreed to pay me more, for that. Today he requested me to complete the job by 12.00 p. m. tomorrow ( 02nd March 2021 ), to which I agreed. All the time, I was very closely attending to his job. Today, after a few hours he sent me a message saying that he Cancelled the project because he got the job done by someone else. His deadline is 12.00 p. m. tomorrow. So how can he cancel the contract, before the Deadline? Now I am in a very desperate situation. Can someone advise me on this please? The whole communication is attached herewith for your perusal

Can't open the file, but the communication is irrelevant anyway. If you have submitted for payment for the fixed price contract, you will get paid.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Crishantha A wrote:

Can't open the file, but the communication is irrelevant anyway. If you have submitted for payment for the fixed price contract, you will get paid.

The client already approved milestone one for $75, so you've been paid for the main part of the contract, right? Just not the extra $25 or the "possible" additional $25 if the client's boss absolutely loved it.

So you haven't really lost anything.

crish750
Community Member

Thank you so much.

crish750
Community Member

The client has only sent me a message that he has cancelled the contract on
01st March. But, so far I have not responded to it. What should I do now ?
Will I get the money ? Please advice
petra_r
Community Member

Crishantha A wrote:
Will I get the money ?

Yes, you will get the money after the 5 day security period. As you can see on your reports overview. There is nothing you need to do. Your screenshot even shows you that the funds will be relesed to you on the 4rth.

Why do you think that there is any "payment issue"?

crish750
Community Member

Since the payment is getting delayed, I thought it is due to a payment issue. After your explanation, now it is clear to me. Thanks, for your advice.

crish750
Community Member

Will I get the money ? Please advice

Thank you so much, for your advice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths