🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancellation of fixed contract
Page options
nylivram
Community Member

Cancellation of fixed contract

Hi There! I have problem with the my contract , I have accepted it but only to find out that it give a lowest rate , a $10 for all the works estimatedly a thousand of inputs for the project . Can I cancel it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

The Upwork user interface allows freelancers to cancel a contract at any time.

The Upwork user interface also allows clients to cancel a contract at any time.

For freelancers, a zero-pay contract has negative impact on JSS. But it sounds like cancelling this $10 contract would be the right call for you if the work required is extremely out of synch with that amount of pay.

The client will benefit if you cancel as soon as possible rather than string him along over an extended period of time with a false hope that the work might be getting done.

This experience has helped you to learn that you should never accept a fixed-price contract before receiving and reviewing all of the input files first.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

The Upwork user interface allows freelancers to cancel a contract at any time.

The Upwork user interface also allows clients to cancel a contract at any time.

For freelancers, a zero-pay contract has negative impact on JSS. But it sounds like cancelling this $10 contract would be the right call for you if the work required is extremely out of synch with that amount of pay.

The client will benefit if you cancel as soon as possible rather than string him along over an extended period of time with a false hope that the work might be getting done.

This experience has helped you to learn that you should never accept a fixed-price contract before receiving and reviewing all of the input files first.

Thank you so much!

How do I cancel it? it is the same as I click the "END Contract"? I haven't seen the cancel button.

Ending a contract is the same thing as cancelling a contract.

Same thing as closing a contract.

Thank you so much Sir Preston 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Marvilyn M wrote:

Thank you so much!

How do I cancel it? it is the same as I click the "END Contract"? I haven't seen the cancel button.

What Preston failed to tell you is that you will most likely lose your Rising Talent status and will probably start with a very low JSS when you get one because you have had so few contracts to date.

You have to be careful not to accept contracts until you are sure you understand all the terms and want to accept them. This early on in your Upwork career a poor outcome (which includes a contract canceled with nothing paid) has a potentially massive impact on your profile and your chances of being hired going forward.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members