🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cancellation of payment request
Page options
ritz1826
Community Member

Cancellation of payment request

Hi, please help

Please I need to cancel the withdrawal request that I made just 10 mins ago. It was by mistake. Withdrawal has not been processed yet. it's a Direct to Local Bank Transfer request

Please cancel it. Please

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ritika,

At the moment, we can't cancel or reverse a withdrawal once it's been initiated. I would recommend changing your primary payment method if you would like to withdraw your funds via another method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok Fine then, no problem you can send funds to my registered bank account
only... By when i will gets the funds transferred ?

Hi Ritika,

The usual time frame for Direct to Local Bank withdrawals is 2 to 5 business days. If you haven't received the funds after 8 business days, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey i want to know the status of my withdrawal, i have not received the
funds yet, it has been 6 days since i made a withdrawal request.

Please let me know about the status, its urgent.
petra_r
Community Member

Ritika S wrote:
Hey i want to know the status of my withdrawal, i have not received the
funds yet, it has been 6 days since i made a withdrawal request.

You made the withdrawal on the 21st, which was Friday, and it usually takes 2 to 5 business days, excluding weekends, so day 3 is just starting. Upwork can initiate a trace if the funds have not arrived after 8 business days, excluding weekends.

Nowadays we are getting the payments on the very same working day if you initiate the payment by morning before 8 AM IST using Local bank transfer method. You will get it by evening around 5 PM IST.

If you are initiating the payment withdrawal during holidays Upwork still process the withdrawal requests on the same day (I think they do this multiple times a day nowadays), but you will get it on the next working day only.

Please double check your bank details. If you still didnt get it after 8 working days, you may contact Upwork support.

Hi I need help. The bank account that was linked to my payment is not active anymore. I called my bank and they told me the payment should not go through. But upwork processed it still. I need help on how to revert the payment back to my account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jireh, 

While the payment was successfully processed, the bank will reject it if the account is already closed. It will automatically be refunded to your Upwork account within eight to ten business days. If it doesn't reflect in your account after ten business days, don't hesitate to reach out here so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members