🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancelled Project
Page options
melissabelcher
Community Member

Cancelled Project

Hi all

I need help please. I was away on vacation and a client added a milestone. This was on 4 Nov. I let him know that I wasn't available, but couldn't refund the amount in escrow. We agreed that he would use it for the next project. Fast forward to today, he sends me a banger of a project that is almost double the previous amount, set a milestone for the difference but couldn't activate it. Just as I finished the project, I received a text from him apologizing for the fact that he has to cancel. I sent him back a text saying that the work is already done and screen shots of the time I had saved it, but I have not yet sent him the work. I also told him that I'm not sure how this works since it is my time that's been wasted.  I need some advice please peeps.

Remember I've got half the payment in escrow, and the other half not activated. 

Thanks a mil

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Melissa B wrote:

Remember I've got half the payment in escrow, and the other half not activated. 

Submit the work against the milestone and request the full payment (whatever was agreed as full payment) by editing the amount.

That way, you have a chance to get paid all if the client approves, or you get what is in escrow unless the client requests changes or closes the contract and forces you into a dispute. You could only dispute what is in escrow, nothing beyond that.

Thanks a mil. I have done as you've suggested. I now see that the it says "suspended". What does this mean please?

Melissa B wrote:

Thanks a mil. I have done as you've suggested. I now see that the it says "suspended". What does this mean please?

That means there is an issue with the client's account. You will likely not get paid the full amount, but should (! hopefully !) get the funds in escrow after 14 days or when/if the client approves the milestone,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths