🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cancelling a contract and refund
Page options
chombeau
Community Member

Cancelling a contract and refund

A client hired me to do a $200 job. It was intended to be donde in 5-7 days. I submitted the work, the client make some corrections, so I re send the work. He made addtional corrections, and corrections, and corrections... This situation took about a month an a half. He paid me the $200, but the job was still not finished due to the continuous corrections.  Eventually he told me he's some kind of intermediary, and the real final client did not liked the work, since he had a completely different idea. Apparently my own client did not understand what the project was about, so all this time I have been working on something that is not what the final client had in mind.

Adding to his demands now he has included extra work in it as well and he is saying that we have already discussed this extra work. The client did not discuss anything with me regarding it and kept on changing his requirements. Now the client is saying that we can cancel the agreement, but that means that he wants a refund for the $200, but also means I've been working 8 weeks for nothing. What would be the right thing to do in this case? I have not send the final files yet because that also means additional unpaid extra work.

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Victor,

Could you please confirm the contract ID of the job you're referring to so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
chombeau
Community Member

Contract is 31179294
Please note 2 things: The contract started on August 12, and he immediately paid next day $200, but by that date, we had already been working for a month (I've got the what's app conversations too). The real date in which the work started was July 10th. Anyway, we are already at September.

You should never work if a milestone is not funded. Your contract should have started on July 10. 

agree with this comment

Whatsapp conversation before hire? This is not allowed, and adhering to this will keep you safe from scammers. 

chombeau
Community Member

HI!, any update on this? this guy keeps calling me continuously to claim his money back 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members