cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling creation of a freelancer profile

Highlighted
Syed Faaiz E Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
1 of 7

How do I cancel "Create Your Profile"? I changed my mind - do not want to freelance, but I am looking for a freelancer. However my account is stuck on the Create Your Profile page for freelancers (since I once started it) and I cannot leave it to become a client again.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi Syed Faaiz,

You should be able to log into Upwork.com, click on your name in the upper right corner, go to your Settings and you'll find a link to "+Create a company." Then you'll be able to create a client-company and hire freelancers on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Syed Faaiz E Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
3 of 7

Thanks!

I wasn't able to access settings from that Create Your Profile page (my name was unclickable). Somehow I was able to access it from this community page however. 

Whenever I would log in to Upwork, it would take me straight to the Create Your Profile page.

Faaiz

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

If I were you, I'd log in with an incognito mode window. Then I would browse directly to something like the message center and see if it will let you break out of the cycle and then see if you can get to the client account. Or I guess you could just finish the profile and not submit and see if you can get out of it from there.

Highlighted
Graham M Member Since: Aug 25, 2019
5 of 7

This doesn't work as the 'create your profile' page doesn't include a clickable name or menu in the top right, and it is not possible to access any other page - the user is always redirected to the create profile page.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 7

Hi Graham,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that our team is already assisting you on your open ticket. Kindly, allow time for our team to carefully review your request and assist you accordingly. You will be notified of their response. Additionally, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name, location, and profile photo needs to be accurate and truthful.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7
Syed Faaiz, I see you were able to access your Settings and create a client company already. Let us know if you have any further questions.
~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS