🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot Verify my ID
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had difficulties verifying your ID. However, I can confirm that support tickets have been set up by the team with your concern. Please allow them to review your case and you should be getting an update on this page once done. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
212bb4e7
Community Member

Hi Joanne. 

How long can I wait for my id verification to be rolled out, or what should i do get the option of id verification on my profile so that i can verify my account. please assist me...

Hi Philemon,

Most likely you won't be asked to verify your identity until your first contract starts.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello. I've previously had my account verified, however today when I went to go submit a proposal Upwork asked me to upload my ID again for verification. Upon doing so I got notified that my account was put on hold. It still shows that my account is verified however I cannot submit any new proposals. Could someone please look into this so I can continue reaching out to clients?

Hi Franklin, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I shared your report with our team. Kindly allow us 24 hours to resolve the hold on your account seeing as your account is already verified. Thank you for your patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
asiful-ridoy
Community Member

Hi there

I wanted to verify my ID but I couldn't do it properly. I have verified with Government ID. But the problem is I couldn't take selfies well. Can I retry?
Thanks

Hi Asiful,

Yes you can start the process again at any time and complete the first step as well. Once the review is completed, our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chuck129
Community Member

Hello. I have "Verify ID" issue. When I try to upload a picture of my ID, I always get " We couldn't verifiy your ID. Please try again with a valid official government ID." notice.

The image is clean, all corners are visible. I tried to verify my passport too but nothing changed too.

I hope you can help me. Best regards.

I have the same issue. They say they are reviewing it 1 business day. But I am not sure. Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 16.09.36.png

But i couldn't upload any picture. How they can review a picture i never uploaded?

Hi Bang,

I would like to confirm that this is by design. Please allow up to 1 business day for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your quick reply Goran. 

Hello, I have the same problem. I have a Ukrainian passport and my ID is at the back. I tried to take a picture of both the front and the back and still got an error we can't verify your id. Is there any advice or is it better to let the support of the upwork contact me and I will provide them with a passport photo?

Edit: Now I see that it is reviewing, but is it normal that it still shows me an error?

Sorry, this problem occurred due to a temporary server error. Please try again.

You sure? I don't think so it's not look like to me server error. I tried many many times (Still trying) but nothing changed. I am new in upwork and i think it's about this but idk.

Hi Yetkin,

I checked your account and I can see that you've resubmitted your ID. Please allow up to one business day for the review to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. Okay i'll wait. I thought i never upload a picture because I got this failure notice when my first try of upload.

Hi,

I am having issues verifying my id also.

Last week you guys tried and I realized I had a digital copy, so today I took a picture and it uploaded. 

However, it wont verify because the names dont match. It says to change the name on my account to what the id says. Well, I dont go by the official name on my ID. I go by a ninckname whioch is how I do business.

What do i do?

Thanks,

Tray Pressner

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tray,

If your name variation is not acceptable, please try editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I'm having the same problem but I do not have a link to retry submitting my documentation and can't get into contact with support.

Thanks!

Hi Gokce,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I subbmited my ID, it has been 2-3 days but no reply. and today is the deadline.

Hi Vajas,

I checked with the team and you should have your Identity Verified Badge now!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same ID Verify issue. I can not submit a proposal 😞

Hi Salima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Me too I just resubmitted my account just right now because the first attempt was not successful. I really need to get verified coz I have my direct client and we just created the contract the other day. I am now starting to work and I doesn't have any record here in upwork. Can you please help me with this? Thank you!

Hi Donna Fe,

It looks like the team handling your case have reached out to you via a support ticket with instructions on how to complete your verification. Feel free to check here or your email for more details and further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
morissa
Community Member

I am having the same problem, can someone please help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucinna,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello

Hope you have solved your ID verification issue. If so, please let me know how can i verify my ID, because there is no option in my account. or please let me know where is the ID verification option exist in the menue.

Best Regads

Abda

Hi Abad,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
erlger
Community Member

Good evening.

I have a problem reaching my verification status. I've tried to verify my profile over visual verification but i always get some error like this one.

Regards 

Hi Ivan,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Upwork
erlger
Community Member

Yes but I am a member from august last year. And because of this situation I can't be credible candidate for any posted job. I dont know why I need to wait for this verification process so long. My friend who get signed up 2 days ago got a verification mail same day. 

erlger
Community Member

Yes but I am the member from august last year. And because of this
situation I can't be credible candidate for any posted job. I dont know why
I need to wait so long for verification ?
My friend who signed up 3 days ago got a verification mail same day.

Regards.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your message. I understand your point. As confirmed by Luiggi, verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. You will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account if the team finds the need to verify your account.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
7290c110
Community Member

Hi everyone! What should I do my account got temporarily got held. All my proposals and active candidate Is gone too. I was hoping to get a client because I badly need it. I have reliable background too. I hope it will get back to normal anytime soon. It's been two days since it was held. 

Upwork tends to do this also if you have made too much money 

I got no money sis that's why I'm here ##- Please type your reply above
this line -##
--
Wendlee Ashley Isidro Madjos

Really? Isn't it better for Upwork that a freelancer is earning good money?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths