🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cannot access Live Chat
Page options
rusty369
Community Member

Cannot access Live Chat

My client had a problem paying and we both need a live representive it look over the issue. Can someone help me to access the Upwork Live Chat

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't necessarily need live chat for this.

And if your client has an issue, Support personnel won't talk to you about it.

Clients have more support options.

I recommend you ask your client to contact Support.

Will live chat work for my client? And if so why does it not work for me anymore. It was working fine a few days ago. 

rusty369
Community Member

My client was ready to pay me but picked milestone insead of for the whole project. So I delined the offer so she could do it again with project. But she said it only allowed her to start all over again, now we are wondering how she can pay me. This is why I need live chat, thank you

rusty369
Community Member

Hello does anyone knows why livechat is down today?

JoanneP

Hi David,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. 

I also checked your account and I can't find an active contract. Please know that for you to get paid, you'll need to have an active contract with your client. The client will send you an offer and you have to accept it so that it becomes an active contract. Once you have an active contract, your earnings become available depending on the type of contract you have. Upwork currently has the option for Hourly Contracts and Fixed-Price Contracts. 

• Hourly contracts are based on the weekly billing cycle. The weekly billing period ends on Sunday, your funds are available for withdrawal 10 days later (the following Wednesday). Some contracts are eligible for faster payments! Learn more here.
  • Fixed-priced contracts are based on milestones. Once the client approves a milestone your funds are available for withdrawal after a five-day security period has passed.

You will also need to add a payment method on file to withdraw your earnings once they become available. You may want to read this help article to learn more about adding a payment method. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rusty369
Community Member

I had a live contract and then I declined it on accident, I have been working for over 1 week on this project, also the live chat function has been changed there is no longer a way to access it through the method you given. 

rusty369
Community Member

There are no options in the Data chat bot to access live chat. Before anyone gives me suggestions please try and access it yourself first. It seems it was changed sometime this weed to not allowed freelancers to use live chat anymore. 

If you know a new method of contacting them please share it. I posted a screenshot of what precess was to access live chat before and how its not working anymore.

Hi David, 

Yes, the steps I shared is the way to reach out to our support team. Due to the volume of users, not all support options are available to all users at all times, however, we would be happy to assist you here in the community. 

Regarding your concern with your client, you'll need to have an active contract. Since you have declined the initial contract submitted, the client can send you a new one and fund the milestone for the initial submission of the completed work. If additional work will be given in the future, then the client can add and fund another milestone under the same contract. Milestones are used to break up a larger project into defined steps, deliverables, or payments that you and your client have arranged.

I highly recommend that you review this post and the freelancer resource corner to help you understand how Upwork works and can help you as a freelancer. You might also benefit from checking the help articles in Upwork Help

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths