🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot buy connects - will quit Upwork
Page options
quincygnyc
Community Member

Cannot buy connects - will quit Upwork

I have just started as a freelancer with Upwork and have had nothing but issues. I keep attempting to buy connects but the site will not process any credit card information I give it. Instead, the screen goes completely blank. There is no real help from this site for freelancers, which is also so unreal to me. I guess it's best to quit and use other platforms. Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 12.56.04 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Quincy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I escalated your issue and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. If you would like to close your Upwork account, please follow the steps in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Quincy G wrote:

I have just started as a freelancer with Upwork and have had nothing but issues. I keep attempting to buy connects but the site will not process any credit card information I give it. Instead, the screen goes completely blank.

Have you tried a different browser, and a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5 together on Windows?)

As a last resort, clearing cookies and cache?

Quincy G wrote:

. I guess it's best to quit and use other platforms. 

If that is what you wish to do, there is no need to make a public announcement...

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Quincy.

Upwork's system has its quirks from time to time, but I think you'll find that Customer Support will try to solve your problem. As far as I know, no one has ever reported this particular problem on this blog.

Upwork wouldn't have alllowed you to join its freelancer ranks if it didn't think clients would find value in your particular niche of services, so don't abandon hope just yet.

Good luck.

7473a901
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. And this is just one issue among several I've had using the upwork platform. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roland,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths