xyzart

Cannot change back email address — "This email is already in use"?

Today I visited my account after a period of absence. My account is connected to a private (expired) domain email address I no longer have access to.

I tried to change the email to my private Gmail account, but I got the error message saying "This email is already in use."

I didn't create new accounts, I use this same account since Elance. I did use this Gmail email previously, but then I changed it to the current (private domain) one. I no longer receive notifications or any info because, as I said, I no longer have access to this email address.

How can my personal email still be in use? Is there some kind of error or technical issue?

Thank you for your time and patience.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Božidar,

Could you please try changing your email again? Please, let me know if it still doesn't work.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter

Whenever we have seen this problem in the past with other freelancers, it is because they tried to create a second Upwork account.

Which is something you're not allowed to do.

I don't know what you did, but there is probably no way for you to resolve this on your own. There is no button you can click on to fix this.

You'll need to open a ticket with Upwork Customer Service and get them to help you.

If you think there is even the tiniest, remotest possibility that you have two accounts, then you should simply ask Customer Support to help you get access to your original account and close all other accounts.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I tried contacting Upwork Support, but for some reason, there is no option to proceed with ticket submission.

I attached a screenshot for clarification.

Hi Božidar,

Could you please try changing your email again? Please, let me know if it still doesn't work.

~ Valeria
Upwork