🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot contact Help
Page options
hamzazahid742
Community Member

Cannot contact Help

I just completed a project and i think client never paid. We ended the contract as successful and yet i have no idea how to contact support.

Your Get Help button does not work.  It does nothing.

2 REPLIES 2
gina-herrera
Community Member

If the project was completed and you "think" you were never paid, you probably did something wrong.

You should be familiarizing yourself with how the site works BEFORE a contract is agreed upon - for fixed rate, milestones need to be funded before beginning a project. For hourly, your timesheet comes in and there is about a week to 1.5 week delay in receipt of funds.

Strongly suggest you figure out exactly what the situation is (hourly vs. fixed price, did the money end up in escrow or did you not set up the contract properly, did you start working before you should have, etc) and then review the Upwork payment system.

If you indeed did not get paid, then you can ask them to pay you through the "bonus" button in your contract - however, if they don't pay you, the site will not help you since that is your fault and therefore your problem.

In summary, if you did not get paid, it is undoubtedly something you did wrong and Upwork cannot help you so you will have to hope the client does the right thing. If you did get paid and just weren't aware, you need to figure out how the site works.

JoanneP

Hi Syed,

I checked your account, and it looks like the recently ended contract that you are referring to is an hourly contract. I can see that you have logged hours for working on the project. For hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below:

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Here's the help article about the weekly billing cycle for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths