🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot find submit button
Page options
everfever
Community Member

Cannot find submit button

Hi, I'm a new member of Upwork. I worked on a project that has 2 milestones. The first one is already completed. While working on the 2nd milestone, the client already paid the amount. Now, I'm about to submit my work but I couldn't find the submit button.

What should I do?

8 REPLIES 8
bilsim
Community Member

Send your work by going to the message thread with the client, send them a message and attach your work.

Btw, it's highly unusual that a client pays the work/milestone before it's been completed and submitted.

everfever
Community Member

Hi Biljana,

If I submit via message thread would it be counted as a completed milestone? would it affect my work performance/achievement?Capture1.JPG

Both milestones are already paid, so I'm not sure what you are looking to submit? Just send the work to the client if you haven't done so already. The milestones are already complete and how you send work doesn't affect your metrics in any way. 

bilsim
Community Member

Wahyu P wrote:

Hi Biljana,

If I submit via message thread would it be counted as a completed milestone? would it affect my work performance/achievement?Capture1.JPG

Communicate with the client that you have to send them the work for the paid milestone this way as it's not technically possible any other way, and attach this screenshot.  

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wahyu,

You can't submit work for payment without an active milestone. I suggest you reach out to the client to discuss this further as they can easily add another milestone or you can propose new milestones too!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

This is what the display show. Milestone 2 is already in a completed milestone, even though I haven't submitted my work yet. Capture.JPG

bilsim
Community Member

It appears like the client might have made a mistake. Inform them of this, and then proceed accordingly. 

tlbp
Community Member

No one cares about the milestones other than you and your client. The purpose of submitting a milestone is to get paid. 

If you did the work and have been paid for it, use messages to give the client the work. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths