🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot locate feedback button after clien...
Page options
cyntheag
Community Member

Cannot locate feedback button after client closed contract

Hi, I received notice yesterday my client closed contract. I have looked on forum and tried the suggested solution, but it hasn't worked for me. I found the solution "To leave feedback for a client, go to My Jobs and click the Give Feedback button on your contract in the Ended Contracts section at the bottom of the page." However, when I go to Ended Contracts, I can see the contract, but do not have a  "give feedback button" on this closed contract.

Since I cannot seem to solve it from my end, am hoping for assistance here. Thanks so much!

It wasn't a great experience with this client and she left negative feedback. I've already moved on; just want the opportunity to respond to feedback.

Again, thanks for any help. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

It should be on the terms and settings tab, but if you can already see the client's feedback then the time period for you to leave feedback has probably expired.    There may still be a respond to feedback button on that page under the client's feedback, though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wescowley
Community Member

It should be on the terms and settings tab, but if you can already see the client's feedback then the time period for you to leave feedback has probably expired.    There may still be a respond to feedback button on that page under the client's feedback, though.

Spoiler
Thank you Wes, I located the Leave Feedback button under Terms and Settings tab! I appreciate your quick and super helpful response. 

Oh darn, while I was able to send feedback to the client, I do not have the opportunity to respond where it will appear publicly. I'm relatively new to the process here and though I read the Help section and forums extensively, I wasn't clear on what to do on my end.

In the future, is it best to leave feedback right away? Without knowing the client's feedback? 

The feedback you leave will show on their job postings in the future.  The respond to feedback button should be below their feedback on that contract page, but it looks like it disappears at some point, I don't see it on my older contracts.  I'm not sure when it ages off.

Yes, better to leave your feedback right away.  That's the idea of the blind feedback system.  Say how it was from your side, regardless of what the client thought about it.

Hi Cynthea. In case it's not clear, there are two different things you can do:

1. Leave feedback for the client, which will appear in the client's job history. If the client closes the contract, you have 14 days to do this, and you cannot see the client's feedback until you've left your own. It's intended to be a "double-blind" system. If you close the contract yourself, you must leave feedback immediately.

2. Respond to a client's feedback, and have your response appear in your own job history, underneath the client's feedback. I see you've already done this. (In Upwork terminology this is a "response", not "feedback".)

Thanks Richard!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths