🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot regain access to account or start ...
Page options
carter-mila
Community Member

Cannot regain access to account or start new one

I've sent multiple emails about this and each time the representative assigned stops responding.

I have an email account I need to reactivate. I cannot access my ticket number or status because my account is not active, which means I cannot log in.

My ticket numbers are 25891953 and 25988240. The first ticket ended in the representative closing my account for some reason, despite resetting my password. The second asked if I wanted my account reactivated and never responded after I said yes.

I cannot use my preferred work email or my phone number when creating a new account because they are locked into the inactive account.

Please assist me in reactivating my original account.
5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mila,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this request. The account you're referring to is now restored. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am still receiving an error message (see attached). To clarify, my original account was marked as a client when I am a freelancer. I am not able to make that transition because my information is still associated with the client account.

Thank you,
Mila

Hi Mila,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. The email address that is associated with your account cannot be associated with another account. 

In order to solve this situation, please do sign into your Client account using the email address you're referring to. To create a Freelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article. You will need to fill out your application and submit it for a review, please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I understand. Please activate my original account once more so I can deactivate this one.

Thank you,
Mila

Your account is active now, Mila.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths