🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cannot remove manually added time from work d...
Page options
paulbooij
Community Member

Cannot remove manually added time from work diary

Hi Upwork,

I am trying to remove some manually added time from my work diary. However, this fails. It gives an error on the removal of screenshots (there are none: it is manually added work).Could someone contact me to remove the block?

By the way, the reason it needs to be removed is because it is somehow added to the last week total, which exceeds the maximum hours that week. That too seems to be a bug. Solving either one will solve my problem.

Kind regards,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Paul B wrote:

I am trying to remove some manually added time from my work diary. However, this fails. It gives an error on the removal of screenshots (there are none: it is manually added work).Could someone contact me to remove the block?

By the way, the reason it needs to be removed is because it is somehow added to the last week total, which exceeds the maximum hours that week. That too seems to be a bug. Solving either one will solve my problem.

You can't remove time you logged last week, and time over the weekly maximum is neither billed nor charged anyway, so there is no need to remove it.

The work week ends at mindnight UTC Sunday night. That means any manual hours you add to a time slot prior to 8 am your local time Monday would still be in last week.

Either way, there is no need to remove them as they don't "do" anything. The client does not get billed or charged for time in excess to the weekly limit, and last week's work diary locked at noon UTC on Monday.

Thank you Petra,

That explains a lot.

However, may I make a suggestion to your developers to provide clearer feedback in the dairy? The message 'error removing screenshots' suggests a bug, instead of intended behaviour.

Kind regards

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your suggestion. I will share it with the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths