cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to invitations to interviews...

amarieken93
Alicia K Member Since: Oct 13, 2011
1 of 53
When I am invited to an interview, I enter my initial message and submit. Top right gives me a button to "Propose different terms," however my first message is no where to be found in the interview chat, and the interview did not begin ... client cannot respond ... This is pretty much horrible and needs a fix ASAP. It's been broken for about 3 days now, I figured it would be fixed by now. Is anyone else having this problem, or do the bugs like to pick and choose who they attack?
david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 53
I had a client send me an invitation to edit a manuscript. I accepted the invitation but my message is nowhere to be found. The client set up another job posting to invite me again because oDesk sent her a message saying that I had responded to her first invitation but she couldn't read my response or see any way to contact me to discuss the details. It looks like the same thing happened with the second job invitation as well. I think she's given up and I've lost out on a job. I was the only invite to the job so the client was probably quite interested in hiring me and because oDesk can't get its act together, I've lost out.
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
3 of 53
Same here. I contacted CS yesterday but was told something about a cookie message (they could see it on their end, I couldn't... don't ask). Anyway, I asked the support if they could see if my message arrived to the client, and they told me they could see that my reply was sent. But I still can't see it anywhere. I received a new invitation from another client today, and the same thing happened again. I have no clue if the clients receive my messages or not.
david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 53
My client stated that she got a message telling her that I had responded to her invitation, but she couldn't see my response or see a way to send me another message. The only thing she could see was the button to hire me but she wasn't willing to do that until we had discussed the job as well as the total cost for the work. She set up another job posting and sent me a new invitation in order to tell me this but it looks like the same problem is occurring with the second job posting. I really hope oDesk fixes this quickly.
natram
Community Guru
5 of 53
So clients can see that we responded to their invitations but they can't see our messages either? I really hope oDesk can fix this soon. I already replied to two different clients and neither message made it through. I just checked to see if I could see the message by accepting one of the invitations from my email (hotmail), but nothing. It just takes me to the client's message. My message is nowhere to be found.
anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
6 of 53
oh this must be why the clients I replied to are being uncharacteristically silent. Hope they fix it soon.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
natram
Community Guru
7 of 53
Another message down the drain... It's the third invitation now. It's like the mystery with the missing socks after the wash. :-~
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 53
Hi all, Thank you very much for reporting this issue. I have followed up on it and it is a bug. Our Technical Team is working to fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
~ Valeria
Upwork
jeribirkes
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
9 of 53
Valeria - I also lost out on client communication. Recent discussions with Cindy in odesk customer support suggested that the reason why I am not getting odesk emails forwarded to my personal email is that my person email box is full. This is simply not possible. Now it looks like there is some bug related to communication in general. This is really becoming a problem, and any productive suggestion is better than none, or a poor one. Thanks!
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 53
Hi Jeri, I have checked your issue and it appears to be unrelated to the bug with the replies to invitations that is being discussed on this thread. I am sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. Our support representatives and Technical Team are doing their best to assist you with resolving your issue through the ticket. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!
~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS