cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to invitations to interviews...

varchar99
Reuben A Member Since: Dec 3, 2011
31 of 53
Is this bug affecting only a select few of us? If it affected everyone here I'm sure the technical team would give it top priority. Come on oDesk, how can you get your 10% if we don't start our 90%?
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
32 of 53
"If it affected everyone here I'm sure the technical team would give it top priority." You must have great faith in them then...funny, but I don't share it myself..
varchar99
Reuben A Member Since: Dec 3, 2011
33 of 53
I don't know why I said that, I remember now that even if a bug was site-wide it would still take them months to fix it.
zdmann
Ace Contributor
Zechariah M Member Since: Jan 23, 2013
34 of 53
I cannot tell you how absolutely unprofessional this all is. How can oDesk let this issue continue for over three weeks? Where are the responses to this thread from oDesk? Do they understand that people's livelihood is on the line? This needs to be JOB #1 for oDesk "engineers." Everything else should stop until they get this figured out. We are talking about people not being able to do business at all. For the last three weeks NONE of my job invites are going through. This means business has stopped altogether. Hearing a cookie-cutter canned answer of "our engineers are working on it" may have been sufficient two weeks ago, but three weeks later, this is unacceptable. If these engineers cannot find the issue, then find someone who can. And this needs to be done immediately. Are the engineers the same people who built and troubleshooted Healthcare.gov? I am deeply offended by the lackadaisical attitude and unprofessionalism I'm encountering. I try extremely hard to serve my clients with dedication and high quality customer service, driving business to oDesk whenever possible. Being treated by oDesk with such disdain makes me wonder why I am doing business on their platform. Where is the customer value?
anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
35 of 53
I don't think the higher-ups ever read on the forums, and even if they do, it will not matter to them since they believe it is only the opinion of the few. They believe in reports submitted to them by their employees about how great everything is. I mean just read the posts from their team. Its all a bunch of brick and mortar corporate employees making up things to look nice and of course they don't care about what's really going on since they do not work via the platform.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
36 of 53
When will this be fixed. I haven't been able to respond to an invitation for weeks. It's not so bad when I don't want to do the job anyway but I've lost out on a couple of good jobs already because I can't respond. Stop playing around with our profiles and whatever else you have on the go and simply focus on solving this problem. It's absolutely ridiculous that it is taking this long to solve the problem. You obviously did something wrong with your constant tinkering with the site so figure it out and then leave things alone. Your so-called improvements are just causing more trouble.
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
37 of 53
[quote=David Gregory]When will this be fixed.[/quote] i won't count on it. neither moderators even have the decency to simply tell anyone that they're aware of the problem. the way things are going, i won't be surprised if one day the ability to invite freelancers will be rendered obsolete and/or redundant (you know, just so they could level the playing field).
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
38 of 53
Hi all, Our Engineering Team has informed us that the bug has been fixed and there shouldn't be any issues with replying to invitations now. I apologize once more for the delay, inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused and thank you very much for your patience.
~ Valeria
Upwork
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
39 of 53
I'm afraid it isn't fixed. I've replied to an invitation a couple of minutes ago and nothing has changed unfortunately. Yesterday customer support told me about a temporary workaround: "Freelancers need to withdraw or decline the invitation. Then, they have to re-apply to the job posting." This is a mess, that's what it is; I wonder if clients know what they're getting into whenever they choose to invite some freelancers to apply…
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
40 of 53
[quote=Olga Quintela]Yesterday customer support told me about a temporary workaround: "Freelancers need to withdraw or decline the invitation. Then, they have to re-apply to the job posting." This is a mess, that's what it is; I wonder if clients know what they're getting into whenever they choose to invite some freelancers to apply…[/quote] This isn't even close to a work around. They have their heads so far up their rear ends they can't even see this is nonsense.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS