🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cannot upload file(image) to portfolio
Page options
2f2838a2
Community Member

Cannot upload file(image) to portfolio

Whenever I try to upload a photo in my portfolio the image gets to 100% uploaded but then does nothing, no matter how much time I wait. I've tried on mobile, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and all four give me the same result. Please help.

17 REPLIES 17
PradeepH

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while uploading a portfolio image. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I cleared my cache and cookies and the problem still persisits.

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for following up and letting us know. Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing from your end so that we can assist you further? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f2838a2
Community Member

Upwork.JPG

It has been stuck at 100% for about 30 minutes now

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for sharing a screenshot from your end. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f2838a2
Community Member

I was able to get it to work. I had to take a snippet of the image I was trying to upload. I checked and my image size (4.1 MB) was well below the limit of image size limit for the portfolio (up to 10MB each). The cropped image size is now 80 KB and is able to upload.

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for following up and sharing the solution. I am glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
emailc123
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem, followed all guidelines (format PNG, size 4mb) but still the image just loads up to 100% but never goes through to a preview and later gets removed if I refresh.

Hi Mohammad,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

clearing the cache doesn't work... not sure why they didn't capture my response. Here is what worked for me: I was able to get it to work. I had to take a snippet of the image I was trying to upload. I checked and my image size (4.1 MB) was well below the limit of image size limit for the portfolio (up to 10MB each). The cropped image size is now 80 KB and is able to upload

Yeah clearing cache doesnt work, thank you Jameson for providing a solution, unfortunately, anything over 1.5 MB isn't being uploaded, I have to upload several images and kind of break them down. 

renomureza
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. The image size is 1.99 MB, the dimensions are 1440 x 5065. I suspect this problem occurs because the image dimensions are too large.

Hi Renova,

Could you try to upload your portfolio image via another browser? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have tried it on Chrome and Firefox still having the same problem. If I reduce the height it works.

Thank you

renomureza_0-1641814961885.png

Hi Renova,

Please keep in mind that portfolio image size cannot exceed 4000 px by 4000 px. This is the reason why you can't upload your image. You will need to decrease your height so that you can upload your portfolio item. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
libbychong
Community Member

I have same issue - it showed 100% completed upload images but still grey out "Go to preview". 

I've cleaned browser cache and cookies but doesn't work. also tried Chrome and Firefox they are the same result as well -  cannot preview or submit

Hi Libby,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your portfolio item/s Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths