🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cannot withdraw my money to paypal
Page options
digital_machine
Community Member

Cannot withdraw my money to paypal

I keep getting this email whenever I try to withdraw my money to paypal ?

"We attempted to process you recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

6 REPLIES 6
e825750a
Community Member

Dear Ahmed, nice to meet you.
It's something normal. In fact, Upwork requires a minimum of 100$ to withdraw money. I viewed your profile and noticed that you have 60$ which is less than 100$. Just try to withdraw when you reach 100$.
Best regards,
Bruno
petra_r
Community Member

Bruno S wrote:
It's something normal. In fact, Upwork requires a minimum of 100$ to withdraw money. 

Complete nonsense. It is not normal and Upwork does not require $100 t withdraw. Freelancers can withdraw at any time provided they have enough money to cover the the withdarwal fee.

The problem is most likely the fact that an Upwork withdrawal to PayPal is not a normal PayPal transaction but a Masspay transaction (hence no receiving fees at all) and not every PayPal account in every country can automatically receive MassPay transaction.

The OP can reach out to PayPal in their country and ask if their account can be set up to be able to receive Masspay transactions,

AndreaG

Hi Ahmed,

It looks like there was a name mismatch with your PayPal account. We checked with the team and they were able to resolve it.

If you continue to experience any issues please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have just tried to withdraw and I encountered the same problem.

Hi Ahmed,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for the fast response

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members