cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant bid under $3 - we (our agency) are losing a lot of agreement in cheap rate

Jannatul F Member Since: Nov 2, 2013
1 of 22
40 members 10 contracts 5 clients 3 staffing manager Our agency cant get so many contracts because of increasing bid rate. What should i do now? 10 contracts only for 40 members. We are losing so many clients and job offers. Many of them dont trust in fixed price jobs. So oDesk should build a escrow system in fixed price job nor should remove the term in bidding higher than $3. Very unusual behaviors by oDesk. Feeling destroyed :'( Regards ARNAV
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 22
Do what you can with what you have. Stay strong and be smart with your applications, now more than ever it is critical to beat your competition with quality over low rate. If you have freelancers who offer services that aren't worth $4/hr... then you're going to need to start looking at other ways to find them work ASAP! It seems on the surface that oDesk is doing what it needs to save the company. They need to do what it takes to increase profits. Sucks... but better for everyone in the long run, except those who doing business in the lower than $4/hr category
Jannatul F Member Since: Nov 2, 2013
3 of 22
Thanks for the suggestion, i think oDesk should announce the situation to their clients too that the clients can hire their contractors in fixed price jobs if they cant afford higher rate of hourly jobs. I thing oDesk should build the awareness to everyone (mainly clients of good feedback) in fixed price jobs. That nobody want to lose their clients. Feeling literally destroyed Smiley Sad
Sam K Member Since: Oct 9, 2009
4 of 22
I feel sorry for the stupid decision oDesk is making to screw the whole system. At $3, we can keep most of the work in-house! They are just greedy. I had to inform the 4 new potential hires to set themselves up on Elance or other platforms. So sorry they had a good thing going on...
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
5 of 22
[quote=Sam K.]... I had to inform the 4 new potential hires to set themselves up on Elance or other platforms. [/quote] shouldn't this also be a case of disintermediation? it's still "outside of oDesk" after all.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
6 of 22
Don't be suprised if you get a bill of four figures from odesk for transferring jobs to another platform.
Community Guru
7 of 22
I can't see that standing in court though if they change critical things like the rate, or have so many bugs where it actually becomes a liability to use the platform. I'm sure if anyone had a decent defense lawyer could have it thrown out of court.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
8 of 22
Moving to a different platform yourself isn't the same as taking clients or freelancers with you.
Community Guru
9 of 22
That's what I'm saying though. People here have had issues withdrawing their money, tracking time, being scammed...and without any support to fix the problems. You just can't do business in that environment. Those are all game killers. So if people took their business, including their people, to another platform I doubt oDesk would stand a chance in court claiming these people did them wrong and owe them a boat load of money. For some people oDesk isn't a hobby or game, it a necessity for their business operations. If it fails to work properly, a client will be forced to make changes to keep their business afloat.
Ace Contributor
Maria F Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
10 of 22
...but isn't Canada on a minimum wage scheme? Isn't that minimum wage ranging from 8.75 to $10.54/hr depending on the state? So how exactly can you do the same work in-house for $4 / hr?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS