cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant bid under $3 - we (our agency) are losing a lot of agreement in cheap rate

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
11 of 22
[quote=Sam K.]I feel sorry for the stupid decision oDesk is making to screw the whole system. At $3, we can keep most of the work in-house! They are just greedy. I had to inform the 4 new potential hires to set themselves up on Elance or other platforms. So sorry they had a good thing going on...[/quote] That is disintermediation, plus eLance has a minimum of $3/hr so good luck with that move.
Jaime Jose Rizalin M Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
12 of 22
Yes, eLance has $3 per hour minimum bid, but on top of that, you have to pay $10 per month for every job category you think you're fit to bid on. So IMO, oDesk is still a better marketplace at least for me as a freelancer.
Sam K Member Since: Oct 9, 2009
13 of 22
It is only a matter of time odesk will start that too. The 3 big monopolies in freelancing: odesk, elance and Freelancer They are squeezing the juice out of us. Will I hire at the new lowest prices? Not for my work anymore.. I prefer to keep it in my own country now and save the 10% also. They are not suffering at all. They have a silly website and make 10% off of EVERYONE for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Even their helpdesk takes 2 days to respond. So is it just to profit for themselves? You bet ya!
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
14 of 22
oDesk offers more than nothing: 1. you can see screenshots of all work done, 2. you have a payment/work guarantee, 3. you benefit from an automated payment service which saves you time (= money). I'm all for getting rid of the "new lowest price" clients that use (and slow down) the infrastructure for pennies per hour, while expecting premium support. These things cost. The question of who is trying to squeeze the juice out of whom should be reflected upon. Smiley Wink
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
15 of 22
Try cold calling or emailing potential clients and trying to get them to hire you. oDesk does provide a service for its 10%.
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
16 of 22
[quote=Jaime Jose Rizalino M.]Yes, eLance has $3 per hour minimum bid, but on top of that, you have to pay $10 per month for every job category you think you're fit to bid on. So IMO, oDesk is still a better marketplace at least for me as a freelancer.[/quote] For one category you don't pay anything.
Waqas S Member Since: Dec 2, 2012
17 of 22
PLEASE SOLVE THIS UNIVERSAL WAGES ISSUE !!!!! Now its become the biggest problem for me. I'm the best fit for some jobs but employee aren't replying back to me just because of high rates .. I can bid below 4.44$ while others can bid below than me. Its not fair, My other clients are also thinking to shift to another platform instead of oDesk
Peter S Member Since: Jul 6, 2012
18 of 22
Why does odesk lower the minimum amount to be paid? This is bad for freelancers from countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan that work for me for lower rates for really simple tasks. I will now leave and either find another Platform or hire them directly using paypal. Odesk Management: you're shooting yourself into your foot with these kind of decitions without asking your partners. I've spent over 30k with all my odesk accounts working with over 100 freelancers.
Donna D Member Since: Mar 20, 2013
19 of 22
You have just alerted oDesk about your disintermediation plans by posting that here. I won't be surprised if they will monitor your accounts.
Peter S Member Since: Jul 6, 2012
20 of 22
and, what's the issue if they monitor my accounts? I've used their services since years with my several accounts without any problems and I had great people working for me. Now, I will have to hire them on a weekly basis for the same rates and just won't be able to monitor them, what really sucks. But anyway, if I find another platform that does not set these minimum wages, which btw change from country to country, I'll leave odesk.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS