Community Member

Cant contact support even though i have paid membership

Cant contact support even though i have paid membership

34 REPLIES 34
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me more information about your question or request? I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have  paid Plus mebership and cant get through to support, can i get confirmation that you have recieved this email.

I had this chat with Support,(As you can see from messages below) They said that if i close my account, if i want to then come back my work history with reviews will still be there.

I tested it out Closed and reopened my account

Old 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

New

And now all the work history and reviews are gone

Can u please help
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up on this! I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks i clicked on the open ticket link in your message and was not authorised to view it

thanks

Plus i will need income statements for my tax returns

Hi Richard, 

You should be able to access your ticket here, or through your email's inbox. 

As for reporting your income, you may read this help article for more information on how you can download your transaction history and earnings by client report for your tax returns. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

The problem is that Richard now has 2 accounts (which is not allowed, of course)

He closed one, and when he created a second one, expected his data  from the first one to be on the second one. That's not how it works.

The original account has to be reactivated, so he can access his data, and the new account closed. 

That would lovely can someone please help me do that

Thanks

Both accounts have same email and password 🙂 I was told by help desk this would not happen

Hi Richard, 

Please close this new account where you are posting from so that I can reinstate your old account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Doing that now

Hi

I closed the account down and weighted all day this account was not reopened

I reopened another account to chase

Do you know, What user name will i need? how long will it take?

Once i close this account i cant chase 

Hi Richard,

I also checked on this situation and see that our support team has been communicating with you directly and are now waiting for your response. Please, reply to their last message from yesterday and they'll assist you further. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

I need assistance in reactivating my old account. I'd be happy to delete this current account I have as long as I'd be able to reactivate my old one.

Thank you.

were do i see there messages

were did they message me, i did not see there messages i have no way of contacting support

Hi

I need to contact support, my profile is approved why cant i contact support. I find the community confusing. For the Answer to my last query i was told to contact support but i cant, i normally do it through the chat bot. i type chat, and it send me to support

Richard

Richard M wrote:

Hi

I need to contact support, my profile is approved why cant i contact support.

The profile you are posting from should never have been approved because it is a triplicate. Your original profile, which should have been re-opened by now, is the only profile you are allowed to use and the only profile that includes your history and the only one you can contact support from. With the influx of thousands of new profiles every day it would not be practical to let them all contact support. There are not enough support people in the world for that.

Chat is only available to top rated freelancers, not to everyone.

The original account has not been opened

Hi Richard,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

o what do i do, Do i close this account and wait for the original account to open. Becuase i was unable to log into the old account, or even raise a message in communit

What is Ticket

Hi Richard,

When a ticket is created you will receive an email notification as well, you can access your tickets on this Link. You will be able to provide additional information and share the details about your original account directly there. Our team will assist you further on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi never got a ticket or email

Hi Richard,

Our team has already reached out to you directly. Please click Here to access your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

They reached out about a chatbot mot reactivating the account

Richard M wrote:

They reached out about a chatbot mot reactivating the account

It doesn't matter. Respond to the ticket, tell them to please reactivate the original closed account and close the duplicates.

Ok Will do, I will give them 2 days, then if they dont will post a message here again thanks for your help

I have earned 60k usd through upwork so Far. I am trying to earn more.

I am come from a Finance backgrond, I read some articles from Upwork thier aiming to get more High Value Clients, to assist this levels of service were improving.

I have waited over 5 hours for a responce to a ticket, (28235510)

What are Upworks agreed responce times?

Thanks guys

Richard

Richard M wrote:

I have waited over 5 hours for a responce to a ticket, (28235510)

What are Upworks agreed responce times?

Look, you caused this whole mess by closing your account and then creating new ones-

And the usual response time is within 24 hours. It is Saturday and there is a global crisis going on.

STOP creating new threads and accounts. Sit down. Wait. This is problem of your own doing and not a global priority.

Richard M wrote:

I have earned 60k usd through upwork so Far. I am trying to earn more.

I am come from a Finance backgrond, I read some articles from Upwork thier aiming to get more High Value Clients,

They need new clients. Not more freelancers. There are more than enough freelancers.

Re: "What are Upworks agreed response times?"

Upwork agrees to respond when they feel like it.

What is so urgent anyway?

Many of us here in the Forum never even use help desk tickets. Because we get answers to all our questions and we get help right here in the Forum.

I agree with your points raised.

There is a Gloabla Crisis, 

"They need new clients. Not more freelancers. There are more than enough freelancers."

There are few freelancers on Upwork who come from a banking background. (I Spent 20 years, in 10 banks) Hedge funds and investment banks tend to pay quite well it would be lovely to get some of them to use upwork, i see no reason not.. As they already use other Platforms like TopTal 

Again Sorry and Stay Safe everyone 🙂

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry for any delays in getting back to you. Our team is currently reviewing your case, and they will get back to you directly on your open ticket once they have more information. Thank you for your patience while the team reviews your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

You are very kind thanks so much Robot wink

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths