🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cant login
Page options
majmuni
Community Member

Cant login

Hi,I have a problem with login in with my original account .My original account is**Edited for community guidelines**, but when i want to login to that account only choice i have is though google .When I click continue with google the following message pops up " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". But there are no other sing in methods that i can chose. Before that i could log in but when i changed my email address suddenly I could not log in. I tried to log in to support but i failed so only way for me to restore my original account is to create this one so I could contact support.I hope we resolve this issue as soon as possible because i know creating two account is against ToS of Upwork.

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Miljana,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b2d3a069
Community Member

So just like the previous poster and apparently many other users in the past 3 years, I had to make a second account in order to make this help request, and the ONLY option that upwork is giving me to sign in, is using Google, JUST because I changed my email to a google email about a month ago. I was able to login fine until suddenly it is forcing me to login through google all of a sudden. But when I go ahead and do that, just like everyone else who posted on this forum about the same thing, it gives me the message "you have not activated google sign in with this account".

What is funny is, when I go to my google account associated with this email, it shows that Upwork is approved to be a sign-in method. So why is it saying it is not acitvated, when it is? Obviously there is a bug with google email addresses on Upwork, can this please be reported and finally fixed, as obviously it is a 3 year continuous problem with lots of users, I'm sure there are people who just give up and quit upwork altogether because of this, as most people don't want to risk having to make a 2nd upwork account which is against the TOS. I will need to speak to someone in private as obviously I'm not going to put my email address on a public forum. Please email ASAP. Thank you.

Hi Lori,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Additionally, please know that you can always reach out to us on any social media you prefer and we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b2d3a069
Community Member

I clicked on your name and there is nothing on that page that has a link to send you a private message. When I click on the "View profile" link on there, it says this page is no longer available. To reply to your comment about multiple accounts, why does upwork not allow people who are not logged in to get private support?? We do not have any other way of asking for help except for this forum, and if we can't login, then making another account JUST for the forum, is our ONLY option. Obviously I will delete this account once I get help. But you say that the solution is to use social media. I do not use social media for personal reasons. How about Upwork actually allows people to contact them about login issues??? Plus even if I did actually use social media, I wouldn't have even known that it was an option for getting help with logging in, if I didn't first create this second account, to get your reply. So this whole thing is a pain. Please report this. But if you want to delete my account for going against the TOS because of something I have no other choice in doing, all because your support for non logged in users does not work, then go ahead, I will happily make another freelance website money. This is B.S. I am very aggravated.

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges you facing while signing in to your Upwork account and your experience contacting our support. I understand how frustrating this must be, not able to access your account. I will be happy to look into your concern and assist further. For security purposes, I can not request you to share your account details on this post. Could you share your Upwork username or registered email address for your previous account by clicking on my name next to this post and then click the 'Send a message' button on my community profile page? Once I have the above details, I will escalate your concern to the relevant team to assist you further. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
4c45b45f
Community Member

Hello,

i have the same issue while trying to log in on upwork. After changing my email i receive the same error :

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Is there no way to reclaim access on my account ??
I've tried clearing cache , using private mode , different web browsers , mobile app , nothing works.

Hi Robert,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members