cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant show my entire portfolio picture

Marouane E Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
1 of 7

Hello,

I would like to know what is the exact size/dimension that my portfolio image should be in order to show all of it.

I have pictures that portrait the entire page of a website, so i used to upload those pictures in the old version of the portfolio and it used to work, but it seems now whenever i upload a new picture it only show a portion of it.

Can anybody guide me on how to do this properly! What i'm i missing ?

Thank you in advance

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Marouane,

While the minimum dimensions for thumbnail images are 400px width x 300px height, a width of at least 1000px is recommended. Please check this help article for more information.

When you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio. Please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it.

3 of 7

Thank you Vladimir for your fast reply !

The current dimensions of the image that i uploaded are: 1100px (w) x 2987px (h)

When i upload the picture, i did as you asked i did not crop the image during the upload, and yet for some reason the end result shows only a partial part of the long image (cropped).

4 of 7

Thanks for the follow-up Marouane. Could you please confirm you used the Publish button and are looking at the published image?

5 of 7

Yes, this is what i did several times, i put my mouse hover the project in the portfolio clicked the edit button, deleted the old image and re-uploaded the new big image without cropping it and confirmed the steps of the gallery and hit the publish button at the end.

Even though that item in the portfolio is in review, but normally i should be able to see it when i click to view it, but like i said earlier, i only see the cropped version. It used to work with the other previous items in other projects but not this one !

6 of 7

Thanks Marouane, could you please click on my name and share a screenshot of the item in question as well as the original image, so we could try to replicate? 

7 of 7

Done Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS