🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cant show my entire portfolio picture
Page options
marouane4d
Community Member

Cant show my entire portfolio picture

Hello,

I would like to know what is the exact size/dimension that my portfolio image should be in order to show all of it.

I have pictures that portrait the entire page of a website, so i used to upload those pictures in the old version of the portfolio and it used to work, but it seems now whenever i upload a new picture it only show a portion of it.

Can anybody guide me on how to do this properly! What i'm i missing ?

Thank you in advance

26 REPLIES 26
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marouane,

While the minimum dimensions for thumbnail images are 400px width x 300px height, a width of at least 1000px is recommended. Please check this help article for more information.

When you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio. Please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir for your fast reply !

The current dimensions of the image that i uploaded are: 1100px (w) x 2987px (h)

When i upload the picture, i did as you asked i did not crop the image during the upload, and yet for some reason the end result shows only a partial part of the long image (cropped).

Thanks for the follow-up Marouane. Could you please confirm you used the Publish button and are looking at the published image?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Yes, this is what i did several times, i put my mouse hover the project in the portfolio clicked the edit button, deleted the old image and re-uploaded the new big image without cropping it and confirmed the steps of the gallery and hit the publish button at the end.

Even though that item in the portfolio is in review, but normally i should be able to see it when i click to view it, but like i said earlier, i only see the cropped version. It used to work with the other previous items in other projects but not this one !

Thanks Marouane, could you please click on my name and share a screenshot of the item in question as well as the original image, so we could try to replicate? 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Done 🙂

Hi Vladimir, I have the same problem with cropped images in a portfolio on a mobile app only. When I try to open an image, a lot of text appears, I can't open the image. Please compare how it looks on your desktop. Can you try to solve this problem, please? 

I am sending you screenshots attached.

Best regards,

Marko.

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the message. Could you please clarify where you're seeing the page with the broken text, captured in the second screenshot?

Regarding the portfolio sample from the first screenshot, it's opening as expected on my end when accessing it on a desktop computer. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

the problem appears only on mobile app

When i try to open an image from my portfolio page i see the broken text

Thanks for confirming, Marko. Would you be able to take two screenshots of the Portfolio sample in question on your mobile device, one before and one after you select it, and send me the screenshots in a private message? Also, are you seeing the same broken line of text when opening other samples?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir i sent you a screenshots in private message. 

The problem appears on the 90% portfolio images, you can compare with "nanoInsurance company Web Site design" this one displays well on mobile.

Best regards,

Marko

Hello ,

My issue is same i am unable to show the image correctly on portfolio i uploaded the mobile screens and In portfolio it not shows croped image and I also try to edit it using the option it only takes square. Can you please tell me how can i upload images

Hi Shakeel,

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. Please try resizing your image with the above dimesions.

You can also check out more details about adding your portfolio Here under the section "Add Portfolio Items". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

how can i show mobile screen images in 750 height and 1000 width . Mobile images have more height than the width. I am trying to resize it but the online tool crops the image and the image dont look good.

I am having that problum as well and have tryed publising it manytime falowing you advise and the imige is still croped out.

Hi Danny,

The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That's why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height. You could try a different picture, that's horizontal or rework this image to add borders to it and make it horizontal. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having this same problem, no matter what I try!

I've tried re-sizing the image and I've tried making the image small within a big white background. Nothing works. How frustrating.

Hi Delanie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having same problem. I am trying to upload portfolio pictures and am well within the min/max parameters. Any solutions? The image in the picture is 500X281 pixels. 

Hi Nathan,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
foudre
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. The image is 4000x2250

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6fd79372
Community Member

I am having the same problem, whenever I try to upload a jpeg to my portfolio, the top or bottom or sides of the image will not show. I have tried everything! Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi Julia, 

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
jlee11
Community Member

I figured out how to fix this issue. The edit box will always zoom in by default on your art that you upload. This is why no matter how large or small you adjust your art, the edit box will always seem to cut it off. So, I just went into a program like PAINT and made a white border around the art. This forces the edit program within upwork to think the white border is part of the art and now it can't just zoom in on the 'actual' art cutting it off. It eats away the white border. From there I just zoom in past the white border  and accurently show the entire picture within the edit box. I hope this helps.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths