🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cant understand something
Page options
brookes-kenneth
Community Member

Cant understand something

Good Morning

I have been sending proposals for over 3 years now, not a single job secured.

What am i doing wrong.

I make sure I'm qualified for the positions.

Most of my proposals get archived within 3 days.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kenneth,

I would recommend rewriting the first paragraph of your overview. You could also add more skills on your profile as you can add up to 10 and expand your portfolio section as well. 
I would also suggest checking out our guides below, on how to improve your profile:

1. Writing proposals 
  2. Improve profile
  3. Tips on how to be successful

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kenneth,

I would recommend rewriting the first paragraph of your overview. You could also add more skills on your profile as you can add up to 10 and expand your portfolio section as well. 
I would also suggest checking out our guides below, on how to improve your profile:

1. Writing proposals 
  2. Improve profile
  3. Tips on how to be successful

~ Goran
Upwork

Good Morning Moderator.

Thank you for your reply

I have clicked on those links provided it gives me a 404 error.

I have rewritten my profile several times, and this doesn't even work.

I have followed all the guidelines shown but still no results.

Good Morning

Having gone through all the links and watching the videos.

I just shows me what i can do.

In 3 years i have never received a single job, which means two things,

1. Im not qualified for anything in here

2. IT is only for paid members that get the jobs.

If it is the later then i will be requesting that my account be deleted. But will ask wife to pay her membership quick and see what happens.

Kenneth B wrote:

In 3 years i have never received a single job,

How many jobs have you applied for?

Kenneth B wrote:

which means two things,

1. Im not qualified for anything in here

2. IT is only for paid members that get the jobs.

It could be 1. It categorically isn't 2.

but it could be 3...

3. Your proposals are not very good.

Thanks for the reply.
But in 3 years and 177 proposals later every single one thought out and proposed in detail according to the clients needs.
Come on.
Now I get a suspended email. My account is being suspended because I have to now do a video call with them. Never happened in 3 years now all of a sudden.

Kenneth B wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
But in 3 years and 177 proposals later every single one thought out and proposed in detail according to the clients needs.
Come on.
Now I get a suspended email. My account is being suspended because I have to now do a video call with them. Never happened in 3 years now all of a sudden.

Guess why

Kenneth B wrote:

You didn't draw attention to your profile in 3 years.

That said, your lack of success has nothing to do with a paid or free membership. Your profile isn't great and the fake photo isn't helping either.

Kenneth B wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Come on.

You've disclosed your full name on your profile, they may ban you for that. Look at the profiles of successful freelancers in your field, what are they doing that you are not? 

Also, people quickly scanning profiles only see the first one to two lines, your first two lines tell readers nothing about what you can do for them. 

After three years of trying, maybe it's time to try something else? Upwork is flooded with desperate new freelancers due to the global pandemic, so frankly, if you haven't been successful up to this point, it's unlikely that things are going to get any better for you now. 

bevcam
Community Member

What employment laws are you referring to that don't allow you to secure permanent employment? I've been in the SA recruitment industry for years and there's no reason why an LLB from UCT wouldn't find work very quickly. Haibo - your claim is really a load of nonsense!

Your age is also odd compared to when you finished at Settlers unless you were a very slow learner. But then how did you get into UCT and obtain and LLB? There's clearly something wrong with your profile and that's likely a gut-feel people get when you send a proposal. So they don't hire you and it's unlikely anyone will until you're honest on your profile.

Bev C wrote:

What employment laws are you referring to that don't allow you to secure permanent employment? I've been in the SA recruitment industry for years and there's no reason why an LLB from UCT wouldn't find work very quickly. Haibo - your claim is really a load of nonsense!

Your age is also odd compared to when you finished at Settlers unless you were a very slow learner. But then how did you get into UCT and obtain and LLB? There's clearly something wrong with your profile and that's likely a gut-feel people get when you send a proposal. So they don't hire you and it's unlikely anyone will until you're honest on your profile.

The entire profile is fake starting with the photo.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths