🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Captcha Issue
Page options
the-right-writer
Community Member

Captcha Issue

No matter what I do I can't go to any Upwork page due to captcha takeover. My browser is set to clear cookies, history, etc. I have restarted my computer twice. I have tried three browsers. Nothing works.

Please fix this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
the-right-writer
Community Member

And yes, I discontinued ad blockers.

Hi Jeanne, and Drew, 

This is a security tool that appears if we detect some unusual activity from a user's account. CAPTCHA entries are requested if we see unusual activity for a user, but this does not necessarily mean the account has been compromised.

Here are some steps to reduce the number of times CAPTCHA is required. You'll want to make sure that - 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

Please send us the reference ID at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page if the problem persists and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
designdrew
Community Member

Hi Jeanne this has been happening to me in the last few days - but after a brief Catchpa warning my Mc seems to find a work around gets me to the Upwork site. The mesage that flashes up is fleeting but I grabbed it in case it offers any explanation to you - cheers DrewScreenshot 2022-04-19 at 23.30.27.png

Thanks Drew!

JoanneP

Hi Jeanne,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne. I have taken every step recommended twice.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members