Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captchas to access

anamariacuesta
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1 of 12

Hi,

It seems that since today, I have to solve a captcha every time I try to access to the platorm, and even when I'm already inside and try to visit another part of the platform, I'm asked to do so. 

The message says "make sure that your browser is Java compatible" or something like that. 

Do I need to install Java or what can I do? 

Thanks 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Maria,

Please note that the captcha verification behavior you're seeing is probably by design and intended for certain cases, when a user need's to verify their changing IP address for security reasons. Feel free contact our team with screenshots of the message your're seeing so we can confirm, but note that you don't need to download any program in order to prevent further messages. You should be able to resolve it by clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and logging back into your account.

Untitled
nemes
Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
3 of 12

Maria, for me it seems to be a virus, most probably something like this:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-a-captcha-virus

E
TA: Ah, I just see Vladimir's explanation. I am glad that I was wrong Smiley Happy

anamariacuesta
Community Guru
4 of 12

I did what you suggested, but the problem remains. I'll contact support. 

My IP must be the same because I didn't change my location. 

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 12

Hi Maria,

Hopefully CS has been able to help. In addition to Vladimir's guidance, you'll want to make sure you have javascript enabled as well as cookies. Blocking these when using Upwork will likely cause the error you're seeing. 

anamariacuesta
Community Guru
6 of 12

Hi Garnor,

I checked my browser and Java is enabled. The problem hasn't been solved. 

vladag
Community Manager
7 of 12

Hi Maria,

I see our agent is already assist you with this and will follow up with more instructions, but in the meantime could you please confirm that cookies are enabled in your browser?

Untitled
anamariacuesta
Community Guru
8 of 12

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, cookies are enabled too. I still have to solve capchas uff

vladag
Community Manager
9 of 12

Thanks for confirming Maria, our agent will update your ticket soon with more information.

Untitled
rhyan_up
Rhyan S Member Since: Apr 28, 2016
10 of 12

I have had the same problem over the last few days - a neverending request to fill out CAPTCHAs - and just figured out what was wrong. 

The system time on my PC was incorrectly set one day in the future, and it seems to have confused the cookies. Cookies are generally time-limited, so they rely on system time to work properly. Once I set my PC clock back to the correct date and time, the CAPTCHAs no longer appear and I can access Upwork as normal.

Maria, if you're still getting them, perhaps you have the same issue. Make sure the clock on your computer is set to the right date and time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS