cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Authorisation Failed

Highlighted
Muhammad Hamza S Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
1 of 7

Hi. I tied buying Membership but I get an error saying Authorisation Failed. I have contacted my bank and they told me that everything was fine with my card. I have used my card on other sites and it works fine. Please help me resolve this issue. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 7

Hi Muhammad,

Upon checking, you haven't added any billing method yet on your account. You may set up your Billing Methob by clicking on Settings> Billing Methods. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 7

Thankyou so much for your response. I am trying to add Billing method and I recieve the same error. Please take a look at the screenshot I have attached. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that Upwork will not accept debit or prepaid cards. Upwork accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards. Please check this article on acceptable Billing Methods.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 7

Thankyou!

Highlighted
Fizza K Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
6 of 7

Dear Jo-An B,

I am trying to add Visa card in my client account for payment, but website says that card authorization failed. Please suggest a solution to this. 

Plus, in my freelancer account, I have added the same card. But when I try to buy connects, it says payment could not be verified. 

I confirmed with my bank, and they told that my card is open for e-commerce.

Plz guide!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Fizza,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS