🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Card number instead of account number
Page options
rosas1623
Community Member

Card number instead of account number

I didnt realize that I have entered my ATM card number instead of my account number when I added a new payment channel. And upwork accepted it.

Last Feb 24, I requested for withdrawal using that payment channel and until now I still havent received my payment. What will happen to my money? Will I still get my money back?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rose Angelie P wrote:

Last Feb 24, I requested for withdrawal using that payment channel and until now I still havent received my payment. What will happen to my money? Will I still get my money back?

It'll return to your Upwork balance eventually, but it will take at least a week usually, sometimes 2 weeks or longer.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
petra_r
Community Member

Rose Angelie P wrote:

It'll return to your Upwork balance eventually, but it will take at least a week usually, sometimes 2 weeks or longer.

1 day after I posted this, I got a notification that transaction was cancelled due to incorrect account number. 🙂 Thank you so much for your help!

I have the same issue. Do i need to call my local bank or it be returned automatically to my upwork account? And if so how many days would it reflect on my upwork account? Thank you for your response
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aldrin Jay,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn't reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you.  Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time.

~ Bojan
Upwork
361b7a23
Community Member

Hi,

Thabk you for your email

Do I need to call my local bank to cancel the transaction?

Please advise

Thank you

Hi Aldrin,

You can contact your bank if you want to, but I'd like to confirm what Bojan has shared with you. It will be returned back to your Upwork account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi. Good day.

Have the same issue. I have entered my card number instead of account number on my upwork payment method since upwork already process the payment to that card number instead of account number would that be rejected since i enter the card number not the account number?

Hi Princess Ivy,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Rose! Did you contact your bank to atleast the money will back within 1 day?

I have the same problem 2 days ago i noticed why was it taking too long

Hi Yohan,

If you're expecting your funds to come back to your Upwork account, this usually takes about 7 days. If your funds still haven't come back after 8 business days please follow up with us and we'll be happy to assist!

~Andrea
Upwork
0bf1f99a
Community Member

I entered my card number instead of the account number, will I receive my money?
If yes, then how long will it take to return to my Upwork account?
Will I receive a transaction failed e-mail?

Hi Mrinmoyee,

Since your account numbers are not correct, the funds should bounce back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received them after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here. Please keep in mind that holidays will delay your withdrawals as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9551e1ad
Community Member

Hi. I had the same problem. I just like to ask how many days did it take to get your money back? I also used my BDO card number instead of my account number

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khamille, 

The reversal should be processed within 8 to 10 business days. If your withdrawn earnings haven't been reflected in your Upwork account after ten business days, you can reach out to us here, and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
14a668e5
Community Member

Hi,

I have a returned payment and it says the reason is incorrect account number. But i placed the savings account number that is showing on my bank app. So what could be the possible reason? Definitely I made sure it is the exact numbers.

Hi Vina Minelli,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aa1513ac
Community Member

Hi

I have entered my card number instead of account number on my upwork payment method since upwork already process the payment to that card number instead of account number would that be rejected since i enter the card number not the account number?

Hi Gem,

Thank you for your message. In case of incorrect bank details, your payment would be returned to your Upwork account after 8 business days. Feel free to reach us if you do not see the funds in your bank account or Upwork account after 8 business days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kheybellissima
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

I entered my card number instead of my account number.

Please help me

Hi Krizza Lou, 

As noted in Petra's response here, the money will automatically be refunded back to your Upwork account since it's likely that the bank will reject the transaction. If this doesn't happen within eight business days, you can contact the Customer Support Team directly so that you can be assisted further. 

In the meantime, please remove this payment method from your Upwork account, and add the correct bank account information so that you can prevent this issue moving forward. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Follow up on this please. Thank you

Hi Krizza,

I’m sorry if my response wasn’t clear. As I previously shared in this reply, the refund will be processed automatically. However, it may take eight business days to be processed.

You withdrew on 7-September, UTC. This means your eighth business day falls on 19-September, UTC. If your refund is not yet processed on 20-September, UTC, please reach out to us here or directly to the Customer Support Team so that they can issue a trace for you.

There is no option to expedite the refund process at this time as these depend on the bank’s timings. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f1f9fa8e
Community Member

I have the same dilema. I'm new to Upwork and upon setting up the payment method card number was entered and not the account number. I'll wait for the 8-10days period and will reach out if exceeded. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

We hope it gets refunded soon, Mary. 

Let us know if we can further help you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! 

I'm also new here and I entered my debit card number instead. Now I read this, I feel a little at ease. It's hard to make money I really hope it'll will come back to me. Thank you Upwork community. 

n_calapre
Community Member

Hi Rose! Did you contact your bank to atleast the money will back within 1 day?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members