🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Category keywords
Page options
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Category keywords

Is there a place to enter a custom category keyword? 

There are a couple of keywords that I constantly have to enter into the search bar when searching for work.  I am missing out on a lot of opportunities because of this.

Is it possible to enter a custom category search term (or several)?  Upwork support - is this possible?

Edit - I may have found it, but can someone confirm the following - when I enter my search term and select "save search" does this retain the search term and populate the results for that term ANY time I go the find work area?  I ask because I have saved this search term in the past and it seems like it never saves (while two other terms do save).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Jeremiah,

Once you have saved a search, the job feed that appears on your Find Work home page will match your saved search keywords and filters for that search. You can save more than one search, and you’ll be able to select the search you want to view in the options under Jobs you might like.

I would recommend first deleting your saved search results. You can do this by selecting a search result and clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of your Job Feed. Once this is done you can search for a skill/industry or a keyword, apply additional filters if it's needed, and then save the search result. 

To learn more about saving search results check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Jeremiah,

Once you have saved a search, the job feed that appears on your Find Work home page will match your saved search keywords and filters for that search. You can save more than one search, and you’ll be able to select the search you want to view in the options under Jobs you might like.

I would recommend first deleting your saved search results. You can do this by selecting a search result and clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of your Job Feed. Once this is done you can search for a skill/industry or a keyword, apply additional filters if it's needed, and then save the search result. 

To learn more about saving search results check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Is there a time limit to how long these will last?  It seems like I have one term that doesn't like to "stick" in the saved searches.  

Hi Jeremiah, 

Are you referring to your saved searches or your recent searches? I checked, and it looks like you only have three saved searches. Unless you delete these, they will stay in your saved searches. What keyword is continuously removed from your saved searches? 

~ Avery
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jeremiah, just type the custom keyword in the search bar. The keyword doesn't need to match Upwork's lists. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths