cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Of Employment

Ace Contributor
Melissa S Member Since: Jun 20, 2015
1 of 9

Is it possible to get a certificate of employment from Upwork? For legal purposes.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

@Melissa S wrote:

Is it possible to get a certificate of employment from Upwork? For legal purposes.

No, because you are not employed... You are a freelancer.

If you go to "Reports" then "More Reports" then scroll dowm and click on "Certificate of Earnings" you'll be able to download that, but it is not a certificate of employment. You do not work for Upwork, you work for yourself!

cert.jpg

Abbygale M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 9

Is it possible to get a certificate of employment in Upwork or in this case certificate of Earnings from the day I started working back when its in Odesk? meaning all of my earnings from the day I signed up and work as a freelancer

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Abbygale,

Unfortunately, the Certificate of Earnings can only be generated for last 12 months maximum. You can add other reports as a proof of your income such as Transaction History and Lifetime Billings by Client.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Resurreccion S Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
5 of 9

Or is it possible if freelancer request a Certification of Employment from their existing Upwork client? Did any freelancer try that already?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Mellisa,

I'm afraid we don't a "Certificate of Employment" for users on Upwork, because you are a freelancer that's using the Upwork platform to find work.

You do have access to a "Certificate of Earnings", which shows your earnings on Upwork for the last 12 months. You can find this document by going to your Reports tab > More Reports > scroll down to Certificate of Earnings (downloaded once clicked).

Ace Contributor
7 of 9

I thought so... thanks.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 9

Melissa,

Do any of your civic, provincial, or national authorities offer ways to register yourself as a business, so that you can certify your self-employment?

Good luck,

Michael

Ace Contributor
9 of 9

Thanks, I somehow found a way to solve my concern. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS